Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to where I always went for a car wash. Now that I have 37" tires, they say it won't go through the machine. They can hand wash for $45 (ya right). Is this true for all hand dry car washes? Any recommendation for places in SD that will take 37" tires?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Ive never heard this in my life, I have had a guy at Red Carpet ask if the front was wider than the back, because it wont fit on the machine :p but not because the tire is too big, how will it not fit?

·
Super Moderator
37,256 Posts
My girls will wash it for you for $20 ... :rofl:

Reactions: Steelyeyedone

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I wash mine myself & my tires are 33":)

·
Registered
979 Posts
I dont let the losers at the car wash (who probably hate their job) touch my truck. Just sayin. I enjoy washing the titan myself anyway.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
557 Posts
try National City car wash on plaza blvd and euclid. ive been going for a long while nowand took my T there when it was lifted and have seen plenty of other trucks make it.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
We go to a place in EC... they washed my old truck, and mikes old titan.. both lifted and don't think tire size matters... but kinda for for you for just a wash! Lol

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I always get my truck hand washed for a hooked up $20. Good to know that i won't be able to fit with my 37" BFG Projects

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
We go to a place in EC... they washed my old truck, and mikes old titan.. both lifted and don't think tire size matters... but kinda for for you for just a wash! Lol

Its not the tire size for me...its my lift kit that sticks out further than others

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
I don't have larger tires or anything, but I didn't think about that kinda issue when I ordered my truck cap. I'm going to be getting the yakima rack system on it. Don't think that will be too safe of a carwash trip.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
i usually go to the drive through place by mi casa but when I really want the T to shine I use this

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its not the height that is an issue. Must be the width. I have a CST with adapters and 13.5" wide tires. The CST and adapter push the front out 2 1/2" on each side as it is.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
^^online or sometimes they sell it outside of gas stations^^

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's not the width that's an issue, it's the fact that the front end is not the same width as the rear. Another reason why alignments are usually a pain in the ***.
The few times I have been to a car wash I get rejected and told they can hand wash it for $30, I say hell no, I can do it for $5 and make it look nice myself.

With the front tires being further out then the rears, it cant drive through that pulley system that the washes use since the tires do not line up.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Buy a set of stock rims/tires, and swap them on when you want to go through the carwash :D

In all honesty, I would never take my truck through a carwash. I'd rather drive it through a river then take it through one of those hellish scratch machines.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I took mine through a car wash for the first time since I've had it the other day. sure enough when I got out to dry and vacuum it I found scratches going down right by the antenna on the passenger side. I had some mud that I knew I needed off but didnt have time to wash it myself so I took it to this place because I knew they would get the mud off for me before they ran it through the machines. Next time I'll just wait until I have time. But isnt the other tire issue also just the fact that the tire itself might be too wide for the tracks? even if the front and rear tires were sticking out at the same width the tire itself could be too wide to fit in the tracks.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
^^^^what he said, the fact that the tires are really wide might be why they wont let you in. When i had 325 65 18's on my 06 i had to keep it in drive instead of neutral, otherwise the little wheels that push the cars through just went right under my tires lol. usually that meant my truck went through the car wash twice though :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts