Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like folks around here prefer the OEM hitch vs. an aftermarket one.

The dealer where I'd be getting the truck this Saturday (2004 XE w/o tow package) said for an additional $395, they'll install a hitch for me.

Is this a good deal for the hitch and install (I'll call and make sure this includes wiring)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Its normally around $125-$200 for a custom hitch that usually look pretty haggard. Tell them 300 for an OEM hitch. That seems about right

·
Registered
484 Posts
Its usually about $200-$220 just for the hitch, only takes about 10-20 minutes to install if on a lift and another 5 minutes to install relays so even charging an hour of labor it should only be about $300.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
My XE non big tow came wired already all I had to do is install the relays and bolt up the hitch. It is very easy to do yourself and save $395 I paid less than that for my hitch and relays. If you purchase a hitch I have some relays brand new that I did not need but came with a product I purchased. To install the hitch there are just four bolts to hook up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it's pretty easy to figure out then? i have an impact wrench... so i'm guessing i wouldn't have any problems with the install, assuming it's pretty self explanatory where things get bolted and such.

Demondw3 said:
My XE non big tow came wired already all I had to do is install the relays and bolt up the hitch. It is very easy to do yourself and save $395 I paid less than that for my hitch and relays. If you purchase a hitch I have some relays brand new that I did not need but came with a product I purchased. To install the hitch there are just four bolts to hook up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Definitely do it yourself then.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i'll go that route. is 999T5-A6000 and the additional relay all i need then, or would i need some sort of wiring harness as well?

·
Registered
484 Posts
You will need the wiring harness for a brake controller, the relays are generally included if you get the OEM hitch.

·
Registered
334 Posts
go to etrialer..get a hidden hitch for about 125, bolt the four bolts your self..you can even pay a few buck more and get the realys if your gonna tow right away......saveed on my hitch and it looks much better than the stock hitch....you only see the hitch not the whole square tubing behind your truck....good luck my .02:flamed:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
SirKeats said:
so it's pretty easy to figure out then? i have an impact wrench... so i'm guessing i wouldn't have any problems with the install, assuming it's pretty self explanatory where things get bolted and such.

It is as easy as the members above this post explained. I ordered my hitch from etrailer too. I had ordered another plug adapter from them also due to me crushing my old one that is why I have extra relays.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Swing By A local U haul or order one online it comes out cheaper than 395 to buy a hitch and relays and install it yourself. it's very easy and I liked the look of my old u haul hitch over the OEM hitch i have on this truck. it sat snug under the bumper round tubing and i was able to get a 4 way flat and 7 blade connector so you don't have to use adapters.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i got mine for 218 shipped. See my sig

·
Registered
14 Posts
cneary812-
That included all the wiring harnesses necessary? I have seen a couple different part numbers and was wondering if one is with and one is without the harnessing.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
houston1 said:
cneary812-
That included all the wiring harnesses necessary? I have seen a couple different part numbers and was wondering if one is with and one is without the harnessing.
the class 4 hitch 6 bolts harness adapter, and 3 relays ony thing it doesnt come with is the brake controller wiring

1 - 20 of 20 Posts