Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 SE is about to get it's 4th axle, as the diff has gone out again. They just replace the entire axle - I have no idea why. I got the 7/100,000 mile warranty with my truck so it's free and they always give me a sweet POS Sentra loaner car, so it's okay with me.

I would be exceedingly bummed if this was happening on an out-of-warranty truck. Has anyone else had this issue?

I do drag this thing around for about 2,500 miles a year, but it only weighs about 8300 pounds wet - well within limits.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Hmmmm.... 4 times. That's quite a bit.... Seems like something in the drivetrain may not be lined up correctly or something. I'd be pretty suspicious of that kind of track record.....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Do you have the elocker?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Join the club. I have had 4 also and the new one with only 2000 miles has started whinning. If I rotate the drive shaft in neutral I see about 1/4 in play in the differential. Something is wearing. No towing, no hard starts. I have babied this thing hoping to make it last. Mine is 2wd . There is a problem Nissan is not telling us. My warranty is out but the last differential Nissan installed has a 12k part warranty. The dealer and Nissan will not return my calls and say they will let me know if they will honor the part warranty. Differentials are failing in 07 Titans . The fix is not done yet. I see a 07 , 4wd has failed on this site under differential failures. If Nissan won 't fix my diff, I will be looking for another truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts