Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did the ram air mod last night and i must admit, PITA! no problems running the pipe and cutting the hole.....i used a 4'' coupler where the irrigation pipe comes through the plastic core support area, that was the bittttch. getting that thing to clear the grill required A LOT of hacking. i might not be done with it yet b/c only about 1/3 if the 4 1/2'' coupler is sitting directly behind the mesh part of the grill, the rest of it isnt getting the direct "ram air" effect .... so i also made a cardboard piece painted it black drilled 2 holes on the back side of the grill and used black zip ties so it would direct more air into the tube lol. i siliconed inside and outside of the airbox where the pipe comes in with rtv-102 clear. im happy with how it turned out but im thinking im going to make an air damn out of sheet metal so i can get the best effect out of it. i had to button it up last night b.c. i was about 3.5 hours in with a few trips to lowes and it was getting late. pacs or a vides will be posted here when im completely done!

Reactions: deerslayer

·
Registered
95 Posts
"This thread is useless without pics!" just sayin ;)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
link went to music vids and halo reach:confused:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm not sure why it keeps doing this i think ive got it...

Reactions: goodkill365

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
there ya go... looks like a mod in my near future. :)

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
24 Posts
im definitely looking at doing this mod soon! my only question is did you have to remove, relocate, or fabricate a new washer fluid resivor? and you say the irrigation pipe on the plastic core... are you saying this is where you connected your tubing to the air box?
sorry although im fairly experienced and have any tool required for any job, im young and not a mechanic but have been doing alot of do it yourself fixes and mods.

also excuse me for not having any pictures or mods listed. just made my account and havent had time

oh and how exaclty do you remove your grill? iv tried before but those square plastic screw/clip things are piece of s***!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no worries i was talking about the plastic core support on the truck...jc whitney sells a universal winsheild washer fluid reso that im still using...the stock one is rigt in the way of thngs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks! so where did you run your tubing into the air box? did you remove the old intake in the fender and run your new tubing into that hole?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts