Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 LE Crew Cab with 20K on it. I finally had a need for 4 wheel drive this morning,

Whlie driving on the snow covered - NOT PLOWED roads, I used 4 wheel drive. While in 4 wheel drive, is it common to hear a loud hum and feel some vibration on the floorr and wheel at 4o mph?

I ask this because my first 4x4 was an 89 S-10. In 4 wheel drive you coudl hear the winding noise from the transfer case which wasn't too loud.

In my second 4x4 2000 blazer, you couldn't even tell it was in 4 wheel drive. Didn't hear a thing.

Now with the Titan, I hear a loud hum.

Not knowing how 4 wheel drive sounds in this truck, is this common or do I need to have my dealer look at it?

Thanks for your feedback...

·
Registered
257 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Thats normal on any 4WD truck I've even driven. The sound and vibration you're feeling is normal in the Titan.
yea, thats normal, i used 4x4 yesterday and i have the same hum and extra vibration on the floor.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I was the same as you......NORMAL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the multiple responses. I just wanted to be sure.

As I stated before, every vehicle I have had with 4 wheel drive acted and sounded differently.

Once again thanks.. I'm glad we have this useful forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
same with my 06. I was just to ask the same about the sound and vib. it is around 40 mph and when on the gas. but man at a stop with snow on the road I just lay my foot in to it and I'm gone. in two wheel nothing but tire spin. the poeple behind me when I'm in 4 wd must s sh** at how fast I take off!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the snow my truck was ok in 2 wheel drive. I think part of it is the tires. They are new but stock and the tread isn't very aggressive. Once they wear out I'm going to get better ones.

Now my old 89 S10 4x4 was amazing in 2 wheel drive. I took it places off road and people were suprised how well it handled. I just had a set of Cooper Discovers. They were not very aggressive but did well in mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts