Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i would like to say that 4 wheel parts has been a complete pain in the rear to work with. They left off a peice of my lift and now im getting the run around on getting the part. currently my titan is sitting in the shop 70 % finished.
not happy.

on the other hand discount tire did awesome!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
this does not surprise me one bit, is it the tampa store ? I have about 8 pages of work they warrantied for me, not including the other bills I have from various shops telling me what was wrong, and the months my truck has been sitting....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they didnt send me the coil spacer

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I had a 5100 blow that i bought from them; took about 2 weeks to get them to send me a new one, and another 3 weeks for them to refund me my money. Not a bad experience, but it I think it could have been a lot quicker.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also had a terrible experience with them. Ordered rims and tires. 3 months later I finally got them after a TERRIBLE time contacting anyone (if there back ordered I get it, just tell me). They sent the wrong center center caps and lug nuts. Got the center caps and another set of wrong lug nuts a week later. And another set of wrong lug nuts 2 weeks later after I told them the right thread. I ended up buying the right ones myself, it wasn't worth the aggravation. I also got 2 inspection tickets during this ordeal to put the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Might as well join the bashing train. Called my local 4WP warehouse here about my traction bar install price and left a message. Next day the 'supervisor' calls and apologizes nobody got back sooner so he would give me the 'manager/supervisor' discount and wanted to schedule me in ASAP. I said "Cool...but how much?" He replies "Er...for those traction bars its $350 plus tax.":huh:

Went to my local 4WD shop about 40 min out and they threw them on for $100.

·
Registered
795 Posts
^ 350 install!!! WTF

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I had a terrible experience with them too. I ordered my pro comp kit from them when they were doing the free install. I planned this monthes before and told them I was getting Radflo's frt & back so I didn't need the box with the spacers. They quoted me a price of $1700 and some change and a week later gave me another price. We did this a couple of times until they said you need to put $500 down so we can create a ticket which will lock the price in. Why not say this the 1st time or keep my quote in the system. At 1st I wasn't going to use them & he was like but can your installer give you a warranty like we can(this was the only reason I used them) so I said your rt so I scheduled to have it done which was like a month away. Finally the day comes and I call to make sure everything is there and he tells me they can't warranty their work because I'm using shocks that aren't on their list of vendors...WTH! I said 1. This is how you got my business and you knew from the start I was using other shocks. 2. I've waited a month and you tell me the day of installation. I told them they better work something out and what BS. I said so if you choose to do a crappy job and my wheel falls off, oh well? Or if you dont torque something down which causes something to fail, oh well. I ended up getting the kit for 1200 and went some where else. I wrote a letter to the GM and he had the store call me and apologize but thats it nothing else.

So out of curiosty and the fact my rear & frt radflo's are making a bunch of noises I called to see if they would make it up to me and get me some fox shocks frt and back and then warranty my pro comp lift. He said ya but I would need to get pro comp shocks frt and back and quoted me 2k...lol This was for the shocks and install of shocks only! wow! Thats price is like me getting a whole PC lift and having them install it all. I'll never go there again. I might just write another letter....lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
I can't stand the 4 wheel parts store here in bakersfield. Everytime I go in there I end up dealing with the same guy that wears his sunglasses inside all day. that part just makes me laugh. but then I get annoyed when it seems like anything that I say to him just goes in one ear and out the other. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in there and described everything that I want done and the only response I get is "Well this month we have free installs on Procomp lifts." Which is funny because each time I specifically said that I don't want a full 6" lift. I can't go in there without having to deal with them ignoring what I say I want and then "suggesting" the procomp alternative like we don't know that its their product. luckily I found another great shop in town that is straight up with me, isn't afraid to tell me if they don't have something, and even encouraged me to go buy a few things for cheaper somewhere else online and they just bring them in for a cheap install

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just saying my long list of troubles real quick, I got my truck lifted there, paid 1300 for the lift and 350 for instal and alignment, not bad. Took them 7 days to do the job. Truck made terrible noises and pulled, got another alignment. They also handed me my truck with none of my stock parts and my spare tire was gone. Got the tire back not much else. Few days later my brake caliper flew off going 70mph. Downshifted and drove into a ditch at the end of my exit. Took them 2 weeks to replace my brakes, got new pads,calipers, hubs, abs sensors, a new rim and tire, for free. The truck has never been the same, still throws abs codes, eats tires like a fat kid eats cake. 2 rack and pinions toast. every time i drove it, it got worse and worse, finally they discovered I had a bent hub, but they swore the replaced my hubs. So how could that be ? either way the district manager drove from orlando to see my truck. and a week and a half later, they replaced the hub, free of labor and free part... They claim the one they put on had a warranty but they dont have the paperwork to show me that they even put one on... anyways after 1 long year my truck is back to good but still makes clunking noises...I think its my lca's or struts since they are blown.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well while trying to remove the lower spindle i squeezed " a bunch of grease" of my lower ball joint so i am replaceing those as well killzcats, kinda take 20 min to do it now at 90k miles and tore apart than spend a day of work in 20k miles when i know its lacking greases.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
update!!!!
so they overnighted the coil soacers to me....when i got home i got excited about finishing my truck, i open the package and only have one coil spacer....
After a long conservation about their inability to find their butt with both hands they should have my part here on wed. cold one time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a problem with them when I was ordering parts for my Xterra. I had an item that could not be returned without "authorization" but they did not have anyone available with such authority. It was total b.s. I got the vibe that they were just trying to push it out past the return time limit so they could tell me to go pound sand.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Just saying my long list of troubles real quick, I got my truck lifted there, paid 1300 for the lift and 350 for instal and alignment, not bad. Took them 7 days to do the job. Truck made terrible noises and pulled, got another alignment. They also handed me my truck with none of my stock parts and my spare tire was gone. Got the tire back not much else. Few days later my brake caliper flew off going 70mph. Downshifted and drove into a ditch at the end of my exit. Took them 2 weeks to replace my brakes, got new pads,calipers, hubs, abs sensors, a new rim and tire, for free. The truck has never been the same, still throws abs codes, eats tires like a fat kid eats cake. 2 rack and pinions toast. every time i drove it, it got worse and worse, finally they discovered I had a bent hub, but they swore the replaced my hubs. So how could that be ? either way the district manager drove from orlando to see my truck. and a week and a half later, they replaced the hub, free of labor and free part... They claim the one they put on had a warranty but they dont have the paperwork to show me that they even put one on... anyways after 1 long year my truck is back to good but still makes clunking noises...I think its my lca's or struts since they are blown.....
All of our experiences were bad but man your rant made me laugh the way you wrote it esp." like a fat kid eats cakes" and the fact that there were so many issues. wow, they suck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts