Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for my titan. :boxing:
found an 06 or.bt.le.dvd.navi w 47K miles. has a trailer brake assist moduled mounted below the steering column. (i think) should i have any concerns w this?? seems like an aweful lot of miles for an 06. going to attemptt to attach some files. i think the las one shows the module mounted on the right side of the steering column. Just need some feed back as i want to make the purchase soon!! They are giving me a lifetime power train warr.

whtcha think!!

:teethmast

Attachments

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
eh, i have 46k on my 06, and the truck you're looking at looks like it's had way better car taken of it than mine has.....where did most the miles come from? freeway? around town? stop and go? if the truck is as well taken care of as it looks in the pictures, i'd say go for it, oh yeah, how much is it btw??

·
Registered
503 Posts
They could be highway miles, which are nothing to worry about. All in all, that's not a ton of miles, roughly 23,500 a year. I think the national average is 15 - 17K a year or something like that. It looks in good shape; if the price is right I'd say go for it. It's loaded so you should be getting a lot of truck for a decent price since the initial depreciation hit has already been absorbed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya thanks... the truck looks great in the pics. i will drive an hour to see it today. the bottom line is, they wanted $28k told them $24k, we got the $24.5k. i will try to work a bumber to bumber on it in addition to the lifetime power train. I think this makes more sense than buying a new 08 le pro4 x w leather and bed pack for $30k. they have this option also!!! thats why im torn!!!! thanks for your additional comments!!!:gunz: :gunz:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
It also looks like it has a leveling kit on it. It's not "raked" like the stockers.....

It appears in good shape. Just give it a good lookover. Good luck!

·
Registered
452 Posts
That's nothing! I had about 67k on my 06 when I bought it this summer. Talked to the guy that owned it before and found out it was mostly all highway miles with no pulling. He had family or something in Indiana and took the truck there quite often. He said the only reason he got rid of it is because he owns a business and gets a new truck every couple years and writes it off as an expense. I'd go for it!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ekes said:
Ya thanks... the truck looks great in the pics. i will drive an hour to see it today. the bottom line is, they wanted $28k told them $24k, we got the $24.5k. i will try to work a bumber to bumber on it in addition to the lifetime power train. I think this makes more sense than buying a new 08 le pro4 x w leather and bed pack for $30k. they have this option also!!! thats why im torn!!!! thanks for your additional comments!!!:gunz: :gunz:

30k for an 08 pro 4x sounds good. Remember the half ton market seems to have 2 types of people, the ones that put tons of miles on them a year for working and the ones that put practically no miles on for weekend trips.

get what you like but the 08 should have less issues (better brakes, rear end)

·
Registered
978 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, the truck could have first gone into service in '05, making it a 2 yr old truck. So 23.5K per year is above average but not a lot. At least you know it has been driven and hasn't been sitting. I think you should be able to get a better deal than $24.5, at that price they are getting way more than a couple K over trade in value.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm off to check it out. have to travel 1.5 hours. hope its what I expect. thank for the advice. kbb puts it 2 or 3 k above what I offered them.

any thoughts on the tow brake assistance module? worries me.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Do you plan to tow with it? If not, don't worry about it. If so, just use your multitester to check it out. Shouldn't be a deal killer either way. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
P's Titan said:
I think it's high and for a lil more money you could have a NEW 08..

just my take

Not to hijack the thread but everytime I see your avatar I have to laugh because I know that girl, her names Christina. She lives or last time I knew, lived in Spring Hill, where I live. :jester: Seen her around plenty of times.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
P's Titan said:
I think it's high and for a lil more money you could have a NEW 08..

just my take

Depends what you consider a little bit. Remember it looks like a fully loaded LE crew cab, with leather. that much could easily put him over his budget.

What i'd be worried about is the brake controller...Ya never know what he towed with it, where he towed it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
looks a lot like mine except mine has half the miles and its black. I paid 26000 with 21k miles on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, called the dealer before i left for the drive down there. told me the truck was just taken in and was in the shop under going the certification process. off premise touch up jones deal!!!

So, i got to thinkin!!! i dont really need the or.bt.or dvd, so why the he** dont i just order an 08 le 4x4. i like the look of the interior so much better. less miles and hassle. so tomorrow i will drag the girls to the local stealership. keep ya posted!!! (if u really even care anymore):gunz:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is a pre detail engine bay pic i was able to obtain. Does this look appropriate? what could cause all this mess??? :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Have you crawled under the truck yet? If not I would suggest that you do.
Crawl under the truck and take a look around look for fluid or any thing out of the ordinary. Its a little bit of a pita but worth it in the end.

Take your time and go slow dont be in a hurry

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is going through the 160 point toyota(ya i know) inspection process to be " certified. a "buyers confidence booster!"

·
Registered
578 Posts
Since your only spending 24k I wouldn't worry about it why not skip the test drive too J/k

seriously though its your money

1 - 20 of 22 Posts