Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 Armada I figure I would try here since it's a little bit more traffic but sometimes (even in 2WD sometimes) but more so in Auto 4WD the 4WD light would come on.

So I pulled the codes and these are what I got..

11- 2 4WD shift solenoid valve circuit, 2WD switch of 4WD shift switch circuit or clutch pressure switch circuit is shorted or open

12- Line pressure switch circuit is shorted or open

the first one I'm not even sure where the shift solenoid valve is from my understanding it sounds like more like shift switch or pressure switch for the clutch is more what it's pointing to?

the second more is a little more direct but again where is the line pressure switch?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
374 Posts
I don't know on these electronic vehicles but the 4wd shift solenoid might be inside the t-case, or mounted on the side of it. reading more of the sentence, I would think its inside the t-case or trans though. maybe you just have a loose wire that jiggles around and pops the light?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Best option is to download the factory service manual (pdf format is likely available online for free - google "NICOClub Factory Service Manual") and read through the module titled "Transfer." On page 61 of that module, there is a diagnostic procedure. Its complex, so if you are not electrically and mechanically knowledgeable it may seem daunting.

While you're downloading that module in PDF, go ahead and download all the other modules for your truck. The information is extremely valuable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s the thing i downloaded that section of the manual and it still never explained where and what the location was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts