Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance that the Rough Country UCAs would work instead of the PRG UCAs? Just tryin to save a little cash since im in high school.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
good question... where did you buy the parts? link? subscribed...

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
They wont give you as much clearance.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I feel your pain bud. Only 1 month left and I'm out of this hellhole.

I'd stick with the prgs though. I know they're WICKED expensive, but greg wouldn't sell you something you didn't need. He's a great guy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't bought any parts yet. Im going more for the lift than the travel aspect of the kit, i do more muddy roads and trails than desert racing style stuff. I just want the front to be 3-4 inches higher than stock and the rear an inch or 2. I don't want or need a 6inch lift and from what i hear the Rancho 4inch is more of a 5.5inch which don't really help much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spindle kit on a 4x4? I didn't think that they worked for 4x4s. And to be totally honest im not concerned about the ride that much, I'm young and it reminds me that im in a truck not some luxury car, so i don't mind some stiffnes in the suspension. But thats just me.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Spindle kit on a 4x4? I didn't think that they worked for 4x4s. And to be totally honest im not concerned about the ride that much, I'm young and it reminds me that im in a truck not some luxury car, so i don't mind some stiffnes in the suspension. But thats just me.
Oops, I overlooked that part... :rofl: yup, the 4" spindle will not work for 4X4... hhhhmmm... I guess you could just get extended length coilovers w/ PRG UCA's, or a 2" spacer and the PRG UCA's... The PRG UCA's uniball mount and tubular design actually provides 1" of lift up front, along with the 2" leveling spacer, you should have a reverse rake... Then slap on a C10 Deaver pack and that'll give you the 1" needed in the rear to level it out again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oops, I overlooked that part... :rofl: yup, the 4" spindle will not work for 4X4... hhhhmmm... I guess you could just get extended length coilovers w/ PRG UCA's, or a 2" spacer and the PRG UCA's... The PRG UCA's uniball mount and tubular design actually provides 1" of lift up front, along with the 2" leveling spacer, you should have a reverse rake... Then slap on a C10 Deaver pack and that'll give you the 1" needed in the rear to level it out again.

Could i get away with a 2.5in level with the PRG UCAs? Im definitely gunna look into this idea. Thank you!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Im pretty certain that UCA's do not lift you truck at all. They just allow for more travel while avoiding coil bucket contact. For example, you can have 4" lift in front with an aftermarket UCA but only 2" of lift with factory UCA.

Another thing to think about is you dont want to lift the front more then 4.5" - 5" or your cv axles will start to bind.

The rough country 3" leveling kit will level out your truck. Its not a wicked super high quality UCA like gregs but its a very good aftermarket replacement at a reasonable price.

The best way to get what your looking for and not break the bank would be the rough country UCA's, bilstein 5100s, 08+ pro4x coils, 1" - 2" rear block or c10 pack. If you wanted extra front height you could use a 1.5" strut spacer.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
What he said^^^^

·
Registered
979 Posts
PRG UCA's will lift the suspension height by 1" due to the configuration of the uniball mounting joint...
Oh sorry... thats why i wrote im "pretty sure". Well regaurdless the setup i described up there would still be best for you if you dont want to break bank and still have a sweet ride.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
PRG UCA's will lift the suspension height by 1" due to the configuration of the uniball mounting joint...
Where did you hear this? If they did, you could bet Greg would be listing it as an additional benefit.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
I'm with Nor Cal on this, I dont see how they could possibly provide any additional lift on your truck. More travel, yes.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I thought that was the general consensus, UCAs no matter whos only provide additional travel by clearing the coil bucket in a more efficient way and dont add lift but allow for more lift. I thought i was right the first time :bangit:

-Dave

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Strait from PRG:
"Using these arms will not raise the truck all by themselves but will allow a longer shock to be used for more height without the upper arm hitting the coil bucket or they can be used with a lift kit and a small spacer to get more height."

Linky

·
Registered
979 Posts
Strait from PRG:
"Using these arms will not raise the truck all by themselves but will allow a longer shock to be used for more height without the upper arm hitting the coil bucket or they can be used with a lift kit and a small spacer to get more height."

Linky
Thanks for the clairification brother!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts