Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First my abs and lip light are on. My 4wd has worked great, don't use it very often. Tried to put it in 4hi and I hear the normal click that I always hear and the 2 front wheels on the 4 wheel drive icon just blink. If I turn it back to 2hi and then turn it backe to 4wd I dont hear the click again. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same problem with my 2005 Titan. Wonder if the abs issue is connected and/or a vacuum line/actuator motor is to blame... Will keep searching forum for answer. If anyone has link to another thread please post. Thanks-

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
First my abs and lip light are on. My 4wd has worked great, don't use it very often. Tried to put it in 4hi and I hear the normal click that I always hear and the 2 front wheels on the 4 wheel drive icon just blink. If I turn it back to 2hi and then turn it backe to 4wd I dont hear the click again. Anybody have any ideas?
i know that on myn if i put it in 4hi while driving it wont engage till i drop the trottle till a certain point under 2,000 rpm. same with disengaging. maybe your at to high of speed for it to engage?

·
Premium Member
72,309 Posts
Look down at the bottom of the page. VVVVV Similar threads.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I had the same problem with my 4wd. Check to make sure you don't have any loose bolts on the transfer case. Mine had a loose bolt by the solenoid that was leaking. I tightened it and now it goes into 4wd like a champ. As for the abs light you probably have a bad sensor.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
It won't go into 4wd if your abs & slip lights are on so you will have to fix that first. One or more wheel sensors are bad most likely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts