Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been planning my lift for sometime and shopped around for kits and installment prices. I talked to 4wheelparts here in nashville and they and they gave me a total price of $1730 for a 6" kit and install minus the box that has the shocks since I had radflos coming from PRG. I told him I can get a kit and installed for around that and he said but can you get a 90 day warranty. I called back a week later to say that I would take it cause I would feel better about having some type of warranty and he said he didn't know how he came to that price. I had a breakdown and everything so now he says well I can do $1780. I was like whatever just make sure this is the price. He says if you put a down payment down he can create a ticket and lock the price. I put my money down and he says he only has an opening 3 weeks away. I wait & wait and so today I call to confirm everything and he says you know we cant warranty the kit b/c you are adding your own shocks. Then he says, And we can't warranty our work or the alignment. You kidding me. I say so if you want to pull in a bunch of non experienced guys to work on my truck and they dont do it rt, too bad for me.......wow! So now after waiting all this time I can not find anyone to lift my truck. I have rims, tires, coilovers, rear shocks just sitting. What BS!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
What kinda lift is it? If it's a PC, its very easy to install. I had ZERO experience when I did mine, and it turned out perfect. Saved me over a grand.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
absolute bs brotha...well looks like ur doin it urself :) thats what this place is for...any ?'s just come on here well help ya through the install...its not as hard as u think

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
for 1780 u could be sittin on a rc with some prg uca's, c-30's and enough leftover money to buy pizza and a keg for all those who show up to help.....just saying :)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
absolute bs brotha...well looks like ur doin it urself :) thats what this place is for...any ?'s just come on here well help ya through the install...its not as hard as u think
I appreciate it. I wish I had the tools. I dont even have a jack...lol

for 1780 u could be sittin on a rc with some prg uca's, c-30's and enough leftover money to buy pizza and a keg for all those who show up to help.....just saying :)
So guess what? I called this well know shop down here and they quoted me $1500 a month ago when I was researching for a RC kit and install and today they quote me $1700. What is the problem. I feel like business's are shady and just pull #'s out of the air. I have a fence company and my price per ft doesn't change. If I had guys like you and other TT members around here I would be done with my lift and yes I would definately treat everyone with a keg and food at minimum.:)

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you can't find anyone and want to drive to Charlotte I will help you put it on in no time.

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well idk i would say 1500 for the kit and rc install sounds pretty good to me...thats not that much for the install...that sucks that nobody around u has tools or a friend cant give ya a hand....give me another month or two and u can come up and we'll do ours together lol

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
If you can't find anyone and want to drive to Charlotte I will help you put it on in no time.
Ditto. We have a great place here. 34 bays at our disposal. $4 an hour to use them, all the tools and certified mechanics to help if there is an issue.
So if ya need the help, you have choices!

·
Registered
563 Posts
For the amount of money you're spending to have 4 wheel parts do it you can buy the needed tools to install the PC lift. Its the easiest out of all of them to install! Get a couple of buddies together on the weekend and go to town!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the amount of money you're spending to have 4 wheel parts do it you can buy the needed tools to install the PC lift. Its the easiest out of all of them to install! Get a couple of buddies together on the weekend and go to town!
lol...thats what my wife said.

Ditto. We have a great place here. 34 bays at our disposal. $4 an hour to use them, all the tools and certified mechanics to help if there is an issue.
I would love to come up there. My last place of duty was at Ft Benning on Kelly Hill. It's hard though as my wife travels months at a time and I have 3 babies to care for plus my business to run.

well idk i would say 1500 for the kit and rc install sounds pretty good to me...thats not that much for the install...that sucks that nobody around u has tools or a friend cant give ya a hand....give me another month or two and u can come up and we'll do ours together lol

Thanks guys. As a last attempt I found where the president of 4wheelparts chimmed in a chevy forum with a bunch of guys complaining and asked what could he do to help. I googled complaints and that is what came up. Anyway, I knew it was a shot in the dark but used that email the president provided in tha forum from get this 2004 and to my surprise, I got an email 30 minutes ago asking to explain the situation. So I've been one finger typing this whole time...lol Lets see what he can do.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Columbus???????
Thats gotta be on base just for GI's ?!!?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Interesting thread! Let us know how it turn's out! Good Luck!!! :)

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
good looking rbt...hopefully he gets it all straightened out and you can get it installed for what they quoted ya one...its not like you havent been posting on here letting us know whats going on before any of this happened so im pretty sure your not blowing smoke...good luck wit the pres and let us know what happens

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree 4Wheeled Parts sucks... I was fortune it enough to be granted a"No Fear" kit after I bought my Titan. The only catch was I had to use their authorized installer, "4Wheeled Parts". I set up the appointment and delivered the truck early the next morning so it would be ready by 3:30pm as promised. Showed up to pick up my truck, not ready yet. I was fine with that, I waited. 1 1/2 hours later, it is ready. I went to get in my truck and there were no floor mats, the gauge cluster had finger prints on the inside, the gauge overlay had finger prints on it, two of the needles did not line up right, and none of the OG parts were left in the truck. Brought the truck back and they could not help me at my convenience, I had to deal with their schedule. I decided I would do it myself, like it sounds so many other have done. Hope I didn't steal your thread, just wanted to throw in my two cents about 4Wheeled Parts. Buyer beware!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
good to know kastanbmx01 thanks for throwin it out there brotha...rbt is a real stand up guy i would install his lift for free (well a 12 pack wouldnt hurt lol) and im sure anybody else on tt would as well. this is what we do and we hate to see $hit like this go down especially to one of our own...hey its there hole they dug fuk them if they cant undig it and continue to do the $hit to people...words eventually gonna spread....k i feel better now lol

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good looking rbt...hopefully he gets it all straightened out and you can get it installed for what they quoted ya one...its not like you havent been posting on here letting us know whats going on before any of this happened so im pretty sure your not blowing smoke...good luck wit the pres and let us know what happens
I went down to 4wheelparts to pick up my lift kit which they sold me for $1245. They didn't say a word to me. Later that day, I recieved a call from the manager who was very apologetic about what happened. I know the higher ups were listening in too b/c his tone with me for one and 2 b/c the number was out of state and he is local. He said that my email to the big wigs was fwd'd and they were upset so I think they wanted to see how he was going to handle it....lol He said they should have informed me of their policy the moment I told them I was using Radflo shocks as it is a shock they do not carry. He further explains that they can only warranty parts that they carry or sell for liability reasons. I tell them thats fine and a store has a right to conduct business as they see fit but it needs to be told to the customer before hand not after the fact that I wasted my time waiting for the install date as I had to get this done this week before my wife flys out on business not allowing me to lift the T until another month or so and had Greg 3 day priorty mail parts to get here in time for them to install it all on his dime. I continue to tell him that I also didn't like that I had to haggle about the quote as it kept changing and I was leery as know one there knows the correct info on the kit. Greg told me that all the kits come with braided brake lines. 4wheelparts said they do not and get this, I call Pro Comp and he even says, they don't come in the kit anymore as our lines are long enough. Well I open up the kit and there they are sitting there. Greg is on the money and Pro Comp/4wheelparts are wrong....lol I say you guys don't know your own product...wow. The end result was they got me in touch with a company called MPG Offroad who was willing to do it for the difference of the kit and what 4wheelparts quoted me for everything but they were an hr away. So with 2 cars to drive there and back twice would cost me the difference in just using a shop here that charges a little more. I will be using a friend's connection who I met today who will do it Thursday.

good to know kastanbmx01 thanks for throwin it out there brotha...rbt is a real stand up guy i would install his lift for free (well a 12 pack wouldnt hurt lol) and im sure anybody else on tt would as well. this is what we do and we hate to see $hit like this go down especially to one of our own...hey its there hole they dug fuk them if they cant undig it and continue to do the $hit to people...words eventually gonna spread....k i feel better now lol
Appreciate the kind words.

I agree 4Wheeled Parts sucks... I was fortune it enough to be granted a"No Fear" kit after I bought my Titan. The only catch was I had to use their authorized installer, "4Wheeled Parts". I set up the appointment and delivered the truck early the next morning so it would be ready by 3:30pm as promised. Showed up to pick up my truck, not ready yet. I was fine with that, I waited. 1 1/2 hours later, it is ready. I went to get in my truck and there were no floor mats, the gauge cluster had finger prints on the inside, the gauge overlay had finger prints on it, two of the needles did not line up right, and none of the OG parts were left in the truck. Brought the truck back and they could not help me at my convenience, I had to deal with their schedule. I decided I would do it myself, like it sounds so many other have done. Hope I didn't steal your thread, just wanted to throw in my two cents about 4Wheeled Parts. Buyer beware!!!
Thanks for sharing. Its always good to hear others experiences whether its the same or different so others are informed and can decide if its worth trying their luck.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
dang what a pita. Why are you up still???? crazy east coast people.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts