Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to launch my truck in four wheel drive at the track, can i launch, then put it in 2wd before the 60foot? Leave it in 4wd the whole run?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
doubt it, with the gas pedal mashed its not going to turn back in to 2x4

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
highly recommend not to try and change from 4 to 2 while accellerating that hard... transfer isn't designed to lock/unlock with that much load and you may end up tearing it up... but, if you are willing to be the guinhea pig, let us know how it works out...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
doubt it, with the gas pedal mashed its not going to turn back in to 2x4
a 2x4 is a piece of lumber:jester:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Don't even try, it won't go back to 2wd with such heavy throttle and load, so you'll run the strip in 4wd...very bad idea...I have a hard time believing you're haveing big time traction issues off the line.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i know of several members that do it but its just a ticking time bomb. Your transfer case is not designed for on road driving if you drive far enough it will bind and destroy your TCase.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i thought about this too but know its a bad idea. after i had the 2* timmind done i do have a traction problem. itll lay rubber on both rear for about10 to 15 yards now. but it is posi though

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I have probably around 15 runs or more on the 1/4mile in 4hi, no troubles with the T-case so far *knock on wood*. Running 4 hi is no problem on the track, just make sure you turn it off before you make your turnaround. It will slow you down a bit on the top end though, maybe around .2 and 1mph. Hole shot is dramatically improved though.

·
Registered
690 Posts
loufish said:
I have a hard time believing you're having big time traction issues off the line.
I had a huge problem with traction off the line with my Titan. If I just romped on it I would spin like crazy and get 3.8 60' times. I had to feather the pedal off the line to get 2.6 60's and my best 1/8th mile was a 10.22.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Don't try the 4wd launch. I can pull 2.2 60ft. times every launch, don't think I'm doing anything special. I shut the VDC off, then essentially just pin it to 3/4 throttle, tires chirp and trucks screams off the line(for a 4x4 truck anyways). Steer clear of the water box, sounds like your getting your tires wet.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nope. Didn't go through the water. Tires were bone dry.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Z-Hauler said:
I had a huge problem with traction off the line with my Titan. If I just romped on it I would spin like crazy and get 3.8 60' times. I had to feather the pedal off the line to get 2.6 60's and my best 1/8th mile was a 10.22.
This could be due to poorly prepped tracks. Back on topic, I would never recommend anyone drag in 4 wheel drive. If you seriousely going to drag race it then I would recommend some drag slicks and stay in 2wd. Even in AWD vehicles, it's not ideal for drag racing. Lots of stupid kids buy AWD cars and take them drag racing, then transfer case goes out then trannies. Then the kids start whinning how poorly made the trannies and transfer cases are made. It's just not made for that. People just don't understand for some reason though. Our trucks are not made for drag racing or massive power so if you want to play, you gots to pay to play.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Robb said:
Is it safe to launch my truck in four wheel drive at the track, can i launch, then put it in 2wd before the 60foot? Leave it in 4wd the whole run?

you need 4wd, i have seen your driving skills ;) hehehe

hey man, you should come out to the track tonight if you can make it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Audible Mayhem said:
you need 4wd, i have seen your driving skills ;) hehehe

hey man, you should come out to the track tonight if you can make it.
haha...yeah I may try and make it out there tonight. Been a while since i've been there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts