Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not in the market (yet :) ) but I was just curious. I've seen a lot of new Pro-4x's popping up on TitanTalk, but not so many 4x4 LE's. It seems that maybe you can get a loaded pro-4x for a bit cheaper than the 4x4 LE. "Swingman" has a nice 4x4 LE (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2948120). Just curious...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Thats a tough decision, The pro 4x has a more of a sporty look and the LE has a Luxury look in my opinion, the Pro 4x will be better for off roading because it doesn't have the low profile 20" tires that the LE does, but it really comes down to personnal preferance.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I'll be picking my PRO-4X up this Saturday so I'll just let you know what I've found in my search.
Once you option out a PRO-4X, it's just about the price of an LE. The only reason I went for the PRO was that I have the off road package on my 04 SE and the only way to keep those options was to get the PRO-4X. When I started looking though, I kinda fell for the nice interior upgrades like the white faced guages and two tone seats w/red stitching etc.
I like the LEs wheels and body color fender trim but basically, all I'm missing is the memory seats and dual temp controls....and I'll miss not having the chrome front end.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My Titan is an LE and has a "more" car like ride IMHO. The Pro 4x is gonna be a little stiffer and a little more "rough" riding. It looks a little sportier than the LE, but with a few mods, you can make it look just as sporty or more so.

Personally, I'd take the tire and wheels off the Pro 4x and put them on the LE and then go from there.

It's all about what YOU want.

Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a Pro-4X two months ago and love it. I picked mine up for $25,000 out the door. I thought it was a good value for the money. I would say the choice depends on how much time the truck is actually going to be spending off-road. I have heard rumors that the Pro-4X gets the worst gas mileage of all the titans, but who knows. If your going to take it off road and dont mind being a little less economical than these trucks are anyways I would buy the Pro-4X and drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've bought the PRO-4X couple of months ago. Yesh, it has the worst gas mileage for any truck but it is worth the money for it. Suspension in my opition is that that stuff comparing to my last SE. The look overall in and out is very attractive to me. I'm happier with this PRO-4X den any other truck I've driven. In my opition, the PRO-4X is probably the best bet for your money, but again gas mileage SUCK!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Tough choice.If I where going to buy right now I would probably go for the PRO4x.

That white one you posted a link to looks amazing.Thats the best looking long bed truck on the road IMO.

·
Banned
34 Posts
The Pro 4X suspension components are very low end. You are better off getting the LE and then adding quality aftermarket susp.

The only worthwile feature on the Pro 4X, not avail. on LE, is the e locker and most pple will never need it.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
>>Mr.T<< said:
The Pro 4X suspension components are very low end. You are better off getting the LE and then adding quality aftermarket susp.

The only worthwile feature on the Pro 4X, not avail. on LE, is the e locker and most pple will never need it.
Agreed on the Rancho's being junk.

The E locker isn't the only "worthwhile"' feature though. You get the nice fender flares and the kick *** gauges and upholstery too.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
54warrior said:
Agreed on the Rancho's being junk.

The E locker isn't the only "worthwhile"' feature though. You get the nice fender flares and the kick *** gauges and upholstery too.
I'll have to agree with you there.

The bushwhackers are a little big if you aren't running oversize tires IMO.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
>>Mr.T<< said:
don't like the wimpy looking flares. I would go Bushwaker. Haven't seen the gauges or upholstry though.

How can you not like these flares?? Granted, this truck makes them look really good. I'm waiting for the Bushwacker Pocket Style flares to come out in the coming months!

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think I decided to buy the PRO-4X within 2 minutes of seeing it on the lot. The subtle features like two tone seats w/ red stitching, white guages, fender flares, no chrome, cool stickers (haha)....just set it apart from Titans w/ a sporty look.

But thats just my humble opinion...:cheers:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like features from both, so it would be a tough decision.
On the pro-4x, I like:
color matched fenders
white gauges
leather seats w/ red stitch (and pro-4x logo)

On the LE, I like:
color matched wheel flares
dual climate control
wood grain dash
20" rims

Maybe w/ enough $$$ I could convince Nissan to mix em up. They would probably try and sell me the more expensive one and make me buy the parts and switch them myself.

Tough decision... except for now its easy b/c I don't have $$$ to buy either one. :crying:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Everybody is forgetting that the Pro-4X Offroad decal adds an extra 5hp to the wheels. And since there are 2 of them, thats an extra 10hp more than the LE!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I bought mine I called four dealers in different cities and told them the exact Pro-4X i wanted for imediate purchase. I told them the qoutes I recieved and let the low bidding war start. I would suggest trying that with both the LE and the Pro-4X and see what kind of deal you can score. Then bases the price difference over the features you are really going to use.

·
Registered
792 Posts
harrolldean said:
I'm not in the market (yet :) ) but I was just curious. I've seen a lot of new Pro-4x's popping up on TitanTalk, but not so many 4x4 LE's. It seems that maybe you can get a loaded pro-4x for a bit cheaper than the 4x4 LE. "Swingman" has a nice 4x4 LE (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2948120). Just curious...

Nissan messed with the packages, with my truck it was an LE with the Off Road package and side impact air bags etc. You can no longer get an LE with all the options the 04's were available with. So a fully loaded PRO4X is as close as you can get to an original LE Off Road. I would buy a Pro4X if given the opportunity to do it again. Then just add the step rails from an LE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts