Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4x4 lo light turning on and off

Has anyone had an issue where the 4x4 lo light blinks on and off, even when in 2 wheel drive? Took it to the dealer and of course it would not do it. But now i just read this post on another forum

"This is how my problem started. The wire harnass on the transmission is shorting out. Pretty soon you won't be able to start your truck. The harnass is corrording. My TITAN is in the shop waiting for a new transmission . The dealer said could take up to two weeks. The mechanic said he thinks it is a design flaw and eventually all the TITANs will have to have the transmission replaced. "

Anyone else heard anything like this?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bing said:
Has anyone had an issue where the 4x4 lo light blinks on and off, even when in 2 wheel drive? Took it to the dealer and of course it would not do it. But now i just read this post on another forum

"This is how my problem started. The wire harnass on the transmission is shorting out. Pretty soon you won't be able to start your truck. The harnass is corrording. My TITAN is in the shop waiting for a new transmission . The dealer said could take up to two weeks. The mechanic said he thinks it is a design flaw and eventually all the TITANs will have to have the transmission replaced. "

what forum whas this?????

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
hey bing i went to that site and something doesnt sound right. are you currently having the problem? did you try to reset the computer by disconecting the battery. i assure you this transmission had extensive research and devolpment time and they are not discontinuing it. some people just try to troll boards and cause problems. you have a warranty on the drivetrain for 5 years or 60,000 miles they will fix it if you have a problem. this transmission was designed especially for the titan and beefed up for towing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got_titan said:
hey bing i went to that site and something doesnt sound right. are you currently having the problem? did you try to reset the computer by disconecting the battery. i assure you this transmission had extensive research and devolpment time and they are not discontinuing it. some people just try to troll boards and cause problems. you have a warranty on the drivetrain for 5 years or 60,000 miles they will fix it if you have a problem. this transmission was designed especially for the titan and beefed up for towing
It doesnt do it all the time but it has happend a number of times (only have had truck a little more than a month and just passed 1000 miles) and it happened as recently as last night. The dealer said there were no codes coming up and the tech could not make it happen. I will be driving and i will see the green 4lo light flash and a couple times the icon with the drive system next to the odometer flashes off and on. I will try disconecting the battery, i hope it works. Even with this issue i still love the truck....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bing said:
It doesnt do it all the time but it has happend a number of times (only have had truck a little more than a month and just passed 1000 miles) and it happened as recently as last night. The dealer said there were no codes coming up and the tech could not make it happen. I will be driving and i will see the green 4lo light flash and a couple times the icon with the drive system next to the odometer flashes off and on. I will try disconecting the battery, i hope it works. Even with this issue i still love the truck....
this is a first year production truck so there may be some bugs to work out i feel that if someting is wrong the dealer will fix because from what ive heard nissan is instructing them to fix all problems no questions if they can duplicate because this being nissans first truck they want everyone to be happy. they also want to make a good impression on and fixing problems quickly will show good owner support.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Gotta agree with Got_Titan - that forum doesn't look right. I wouldn't trust what that guys said because NO dealer would ever say they are discontinuing the tranny on the Titan!! We would all know about it if that was the case.

As to your problem, could be a sensor problem. Sometimes the tster won't pick up on it. My father's Sienna had a problem with the Trac control light going on every so often. The first couple of times they couldn't find the problem. Eventually, (after 2 1/2 years) it showed up and they were able to fix it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like trolling too, but I ususally use a silver hopkins spoon. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bing,

I had the exact same thing happen to me, from day one. I finally got it fixed, the dealer had to call Nissan, and they knew of the problem. I had to wait for a part to come in. I am unclear exactly what was replaced, but the work order says: Switch Assy 4WD part 32006-7s110.

Now it is back in the shop for a different problem: When I go over a bump, like railroad tracks, all the warning lights on the dash turn on, and the speedometer goes to 0 and stays there. This stays this way until you turn off the vehicle and restart. It is in the shop today, the have reproduced the problem, but don't know how to fix it.

Anyone else had the same?

Joe

Bing said:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, I got it back from the shop. It took 2 days, but the dealer called Nissan, and they identified a ground that came loose. It seems to be working ok. I am starting to worry, 2 months, 1300 miles, and 2 trips to the shop for repairs. :crying:

Joe

joeandmaria said:
Bing,

I had the exact same thing happen to me, from day one. I finally got it fixed, the dealer had to call Nissan, and they knew of the problem. I had to wait for a part to come in. I am unclear exactly what was replaced, but the work order says: Switch Assy 4WD part 32006-7s110.

Now it is back in the shop for a different problem: When I go over a bump, like railroad tracks, all the warning lights on the dash turn on, and the speedometer goes to 0 and stays there. This stays this way until you turn off the vehicle and restart. It is in the shop today, the have reproduced the problem, but don't know how to fix it.

Anyone else had the same?

Joe

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an 01 yellow Honda GL1800 ABS Goldwing, and I bought it in Feb. 01. Well they have had tons of problems to the point of a class action lawsuit against Honda about overheating.

So now becuase of the lawsuit, I have 2 aditonal years of warrenty on it, but on the plus side the majority of the GL1800 are just fine. If there's a problem it is more likely that the owner will post a message than if not.

Mine has been fine, but Honda did replace a lot of parts, and mine has got the royal treatment from them. I hope Nissan does as well in the Customer Service department. I'm sure they will do whatever is required until they work find and kill all the little gremlins. Heck they have to or there 1.2 Billion investment will go down the tubes....

Anyway I'm taking the gamble a second time, and buying a brand new vehicle which has never existed before.

Hopefully a new Red XE King 4x4 with offroad package for Invoice pricing!. I should pick it up Tuesday if all goes well.

My current rig is a 94 Jeep Wrangler with 120K on it and a lot of mods. The last Nissan was my wifes 92 Hardbody ex (red) with a gutless 4 banger in it. This new Nissan should rock!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bing said:

YES!!! I had this problem. It was corrected by replacing a sensor on the transfer case. Nissan knows this is a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
...mostly whem I am slowing down for a stop...Will take to dealer soonMine started flashing the otherday
Bing said:

·
Registered
105 Posts
4x4 LO light turning on and off

Yes, Ive had the same problem! Last night I really noticed it. I called the dealer and I printed out all of this particular thread - took it over to them - they are going to order the parts. Hope it is an easy fix!

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Bing said:

This makes no sense. Replacing the entire transmission because of a bad sensor, connector, or ground?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Technical Bulletin!!!!!!

There was a Technical bulletin that was released on March 10th, it Reads:

If the "4 LO" light is flashing in ALL the 4WD Shift Switch positions

AND/OR

The "ATP" light is ON when the Transmission is in the "P" Park position

Replace the "ATP" Switch. Part# 32006-7S160

so if someone could post this on the other board, that would be cool!! I would hate to have someone replace there Tranny for a 5 minute switch replacement!! I have replaced on of these myself, it is very simple!! We have done about 6 of these so far!! The Bulletin number is NTB04-036, give this number to your dealer, they should be able to look it up!! :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have had the Titan into the dealer for the problem once and of course it did not happen when the tech was driving the truck. Called the dealer and told them about the bullitan and they told me they could not do anything until the tech saw it happen... What a load of crap....... All i am asking them to do is correct a switch on a truck with a little over a thousand miles on it.... CRAP!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dealer was confused

Went to local dealer to get part replaced to stop 4 lo light from randomly flashing.....of course dealer had no clue what I was talking about. So I took the thread print out in showing the update number and part. The dealer stated that they still needed ro verify that part was bad. They needed to scan codes and check. When I dropped truck off after about an hour the tech came to me and said they ordered part but he could not clear codes if there were any because he had not yet gotten the software from Nissan that is compatible with the Titan. Sounded like a crock of it to me but the part is ordered and hopefully by the time it arrives the tech can get himself up to speed with the Titan..and the "new software" :futwice:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine just started doing this on Friday while I was pulling my trailer. Looks like I'll be taking it to the dealer this week... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to the dealer to pick up my running boards and after i loaded them into the truck the 4 lo light started flashing. I rushed in and got the service dept manager and he plugged the code reader in and got nothing. He left for a couple minutes and came back with the service bullitan about the 4lo light flashing . Finally the part is on order.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts