Nissan Titan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Yes, but that's a straight line drag race. Very little stress imposed in a straight line. Flip back to 2wd before you make the turnout after the traps and all is well.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but don't a lot of guys on here that like to race launch the trucks in 4 high?

Going in a straight line in 4wd is different than turning. When you turn the front diff needs to be able to spin freely. If you are in 4wd it is super hard on the front diff if you turn sharply and the tires can't slip a little. This can bind up the gearing.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but don't a lot of guys on here that like to race launch the trucks in 4 high?
Obviously you didn't read the whole thread. These 2 guys are correct, and their point is brought up in the thread too.

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
61 Posts
No I didn't fishnalaska, but I do appreciate you chiming in after two others told me what I needed to know and you needing to have you're voice heard.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
No I didn't fishnalaska, but I do appreciate you chiming in after two others told me what I needed to know and you needing to have you're voice heard.
You bring up a point discussed in the previous 5 pages on a year and a half old thread and get upset when someone calls you on it?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I was being polite in answering your already answered question, Ra4MaGz. The proper response to Fishn's post would be to quietly thank him for the lesson in forum etiquette and bag the attitude. TitanTalk is a pretty laid back place, and there's no need to get your undies in a bunch when someone calls a spade a spade. I didn't find anything mean in Fishn's post. Next time, folks won't be so quick to answer your redundant questions, but instead point you back to reading the answers already embedded in these elderly threads. Everybody likes folks who play nice. Thin skin is not a good quality to have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was being polite in answering your already answered question, Ra4MaGz. The proper response to Fishn's pot would be to quietly thank him for the lesson in forum etiquette and bag the attitude. TitanTalk is a pretty laid back place, and there's no need to get your undies in a bunch when someone calls a spade a spade. I didn't find anything mean in Fishn's post. Next time, folks won't be so quick to answer your redundant questions, but instead point you back to reading the answers already embedded in these elderly threads. Everybody likes folks who play nice. Thin skin is not a good quality to have.
No thin skin here, dubyam. Like I had said to excuse my ignorance for not reading up on this thread. I just don't see the need for someone to answer someone else's question with that type of response. I was wrong for not looking into said topic. With that said, I do appreciate the help,advice and the sense of community this forum has shared with me.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I was being polite in answering your already answered question, Ra4MaGz. The proper response to Fishn's post would be to quietly thank him for the lesson in forum etiquette and bag the attitude. TitanTalk is a pretty laid back place, and there's no need to get your undies in a bunch when someone calls a spade a spade. I didn't find anything mean in Fishn's post. Next time, folks won't be so quick to answer your redundant questions, but instead point you back to reading the answers already embedded in these elderly threads. Everybody likes folks who play nice. Thin skin is not a good quality to have.

No thin skin here, dubyam. Like I had said to excuse my ignorance for not reading up on this thread. I just don't see the need for someone to answer someone else's question with that type of response. I was wrong for not looking into said topic. With that said, I do appreciate the help,advice and the sense of community this forum has shared with me.
Meh, he's from California :smile:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
For not having a thin skin, you're awfully sensitive. Keep arguing and you'll develop a reputation you don't want. You made a mistake. That's fine. But you're arguing with the very nice folks trying to tell you to say thank you and shut up. I'd advise you follow that advice and demonstrate you also understand when discretion is the better part of valor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have thanked everyone whose corrected me, including yourself. I'm not even arguing the fact that I was wrong, but it seems like you still are. Seems to me that you'd like me to roll over and heel to someone whose forward and ignorance comment of me living in California indicates that I have "thin skin." Is that a shot towards everyone from California? I'm sure some forum members would take offense to that. If you want to hear it again, I was wrong for not going back and reading what was already been established. But cheers to you bud, I won't argue with anyone when behind a keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I have thanked everyone whose corrected me, including yourself. I'm not even arguing the fact that I was wrong, but it seems like you still are. Seems to me that you'd like me to roll over and heel to someone whose forward and ignorance comment of me living in California indicates that I have "thin skin." Is that a shot towards everyone from California? I'm sure some forum members would take offense to that. If you want to hear it again, I was wrong for not going back and reading what was already been established. But cheers to you bud, I won't argue with anyone when behind a keyboard.

From one Tennessean to another, never take anything seriously from people on here. The truck information is very solid and helpful We have a lot of "post whores" who are on every topic in every forum here. It's like the movie " office space" you will have 47 people in the same topic regurgitating the same information. I will admit I bust balls around here from time to time when people don't read a post or revive one from the dead but it's all in good fun. That being said our search function on the app sucks so it's easy to just use an old post you find. This is a very good and active site for information on our trucks and good off topic reading as well. Also you can block people so you never have to see their post.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wonder if the Titan will get the auto AWD / 4WD mode that some trucks are getting. I saw that and was like wow, that's pretty darn cool.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Wonder if the Titan will get the auto AWD / 4WD mode that some trucks are getting. I saw that and was like wow, that's pretty darn cool.

Until you have 20000 kms on the truck an the transfer case goes boom. Just recently had a buddy with his 2014 have his go. That's the fourth one I've seen under 30000 km's

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Tennessee born and bred, pickle. Don't know what you mean by that statement.

I see. Well, I was just going by what your "current location". Either way, I meant nothing by it. Hell, I live in California myself.

Reactions: GalaxyPro4X11

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
From one Tennessean to another, never take anything seriously from people on here. The truck information is very solid and helpful We have a lot of "post whores" who are on every topic in every forum here. It's like the movie " office space" you will have 47 people in the same topic regurgitating the same information. I will admit I bust balls around here from time to time when people don't read a post or revive one from the dead but it's all in good fun. That being said our search function on the app sucks so it's easy to just use an old post you find. This is a very good and active site for information on our trucks and good off topic reading as well. Also you can block people so you never have to see their post.
Hey, who are you calling a post whore??? I take offense to that and so does everybody who has more posts than you do. Take it back right NOW!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Hahahahaha I will be politically correct and buckle to peer pressure and Apologize. But remember it's not the quantity it's the quality of the post that counts

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Hahahahaha I will be politically correct and buckle to peer pressure and Apologize. But remember it's not the quantity it's the quality of the post that counts
Debatable

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Titan's diff's are much tougher then you think. I have done 1000's of burnoffs. Burnoff's that should have broke the rear end. Like wet/dry patches on pavement where the tire spins then grabs hard all of a sudden. Plus numerous 1/4 miles runs in 4WD. And I'm not alone. There was more than 1 Titan at the drags. StormTroopin was there also. He has done 1-110 runs in 4WD numerous times.

I stated over 7 years ago on this forum that I guarantied my rearend would not break. And guess what?? It hasn't. In fact it is very hard not to do burnoff's everytime I drive it. Sometimes on dry pavement it breaks loose in 2nd gear just going around a corner. Trying to pass someone at 40-50MPH on wet pavement more often than not it breaks loose. Towing on dry pavement anything over 1/4 throttle it spins from a stop. Burnoff's are normal with this truck. If mine hasn't broke most likely yours won't either. IMHO

I need a Tru-Trac bad.

But 1 thing to remember here I broke-in the rearend when it was new.
I got hacked, but now I'm back under a new name.
Rear end still hasn't broke. WooooooHoooooo

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it makes any difference to this old conversation: I drove my 2017 Titan (ACCIDENTALLY) over 550 miles towing a 6,000 lbs travel trailer in 4x4 HI; A 1/3 of the journey was on twisty mountain roads. Yes, I am the biggest idiot on this forum. BUT, over a month later and the truck is still driving like a champ! I notice no perceptible difference in the drivetrain or tranny at all.

I think a lot of this issue is SERIOUSLY HYPED after having this experience. That being said, I am looking to try to at least replace the fluid in both diffs and the transfer case ASAP while hoping I didn't F the truck up too bad. Anyway, put that one in your pipe and smoke it for a sec.

Also, I wish there was some warning alarm or light when reaching a certain speed or upon starting the vehicle to avoid doing this. The small truck icon that lights up the front wheels when it is engaged is really insufficient.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts