Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car and Driver criticized the Titan 4X4 for having a poor freeway ride, and I believe Motor Trend also criticized the Titan ride. I would like to hear from actual owners of the Titan 4x4. What do you think of the ride?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The ride is fine, better yet, the handling is great!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rides like a (Cadillac) to me! By the way, that 12 volt outlet in bed of Titan is great. I needed to air up bike tires and realized that it is "hot" at all times...good deal Nissan. Been letting my buddies test drive and they all love it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Our other vehicle is a 2003 4Runner and it's very difficult to tell which one rides better which is a testament to how well the Titan rides. Perhaps the offroad package rides a bit more stiff due to the Ranch shocks (which is what C&D tested with) but Automobile Mag's special issue said the two wheel drive crew cab Titan rides like a sedan.

Karl

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps the offroad package rides a bit more stiff due to the Ranch shocks (which is what C&D tested with) but Automobile Mag's special issue said the two wheel drive crew cab Titan rides like a sedan.
I was also thinking the culprit is the Rancho shocks included with the offroad package. Too bad they are not the adjustable Rancho shocks.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i also agree the ranchos are good shocks but they run very firm. so i believe that may be part of the problem with the ride of the titan. i think it rides great for a truck maybe a little firm. maybe a switch to some eldebrocks ias will net a little spongier ride. who knows?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would like to think that C&D and MT check tire pressures before testing. If they didn't, perhaps high tire pressures may be responsible for some of their ride complaints, in addition to the Rancho shocks.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Rancho Shocks and the overpressure definately contribute to a 'harsher' ride with the Off-Road Package.

Since adjusting mine, it is better than when we bought it.

The freeway 'roughness' if you will is evident on California roads that have 'sagged' over the years. But, on these same roads, the XXXX Brand truck in front of me is shimmying as much as I am. Maybe not as much reaching thier actual cab with a thicker material seat and cab mounts though.

Overall, it doesn't bother us...more of a 'Truck' feel than a car.

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
CaliforniaTitan

I noticed from the photo of your truck that you do not have the "4x4 off-road" decals on your truck. I was wondering how you got them off? Did your dealer do it for you as part of the normal prep after you purchased? I asked my dealer to do that after my truck is delivered but he was not certain if it could be done with much ease.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Mine is not the 4X4. I only chimed in as I have the Off-Road package. The 2WD off-Raod pkg 'stickers' are on the front door in silver.

But, to answer you Q about 'sticker removal'. Most stickers can be removed from a vehicle with heat and lots of patience...there is also a chemical you can use (ask a body shop guy or even at a lot where they remove soccer mom stickers) that will help 'ease' this process. Do NOT under any circumstance use a razor blade...your just asking to scratch or chip the paint. Use a plastic tool to help lift the edges.

Chris

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the past I have removed stickers using a heat gun and patience and perserverance. I have also heard of people using heat in combination with dental floss.

·
Registered
780 Posts
freeway ride's awesome!

I just rode 1,400 miles this weekend, mostly on the freeway (Hwys: 5, 58, 40, 395, az395, 178 (some of 178's twisted mountain roads)

love that Titan ride and handling, esp. on the highway, and the stout passing POWER

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you set the tire pressure correctly, the ride is much different.

From the factory for some reason they are comming 40/40.
The door recomends 32/32.

Real world tread wear testing for me is 35-37/32 (unloaded)
37 all around when towing my boat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best in class ride quality

outahere said:
Car and Driver criticized the Titan 4X4 for having a poor freeway ride, and I believe Motor Trend also criticized the Titan ride. I would like to hear from actual owners of the Titan 4x4. What do you think of the ride?
4 wheeler magazine gave the Titan "truck of the year " awards. (February issue) They tested the F150 and Tundra also. They gave the Titan the best marks for road ride quality by far! The Titan tested was the 4x4 off road king cab. There seems to be conflicting information floating around.

Motman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts