Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving to work this morning in 4Hi since we had snow yesterday. The truck was already in 4Hi from last night. Roads started to clear up so I decided to switch into 2wd, and the rotary switch won't budge, it's stuck on the 4Hi setting. It's like something has locked the switch from turning in that direction. I was able to switch into 4Lo (at a stop of course), and back into 4Hi, but it wouldn't go into 2wd. I tried a little reverse, still nothing. Then a little further down the road I made a left hand turn and tried the switch again, no problem, switched right over into 2wd. I thought this was really odd, maybe coincidental?. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so what was it? I had no errors with the dash lights either. I'll try it again when I leave work to see if it's back to normal.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
There are interlocks built into the system, it is not a plain old dumb switch. You might DL and read the manual to get the details.

·
Premium Member
20,968 Posts
I have never had my 4x4 switch not allow me to move the selector back to 2hi. Now sometimes it takes its ever-lovin time about making the actual switch to 2hi but the knob goes to 2hi easily.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Is it possible that the switch was partially depressed and that's why it would go between 4hi and 4lo, but not into 2wd?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible that the switch was partially depressed and that's why it would go between 4hi and 4lo, but not into 2wd?
I don't think it was partially depressed, especially since I went to 4Lo, then back to 4Hi, and it would still not move to 2wd. In other words, I fiddled with it a lot and it still didn't change anything.

I'll see what I can find in the manual too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NBhunter80, you might be right. When I looked at the switch again last night, it was pushed in. I guess I just had to move it a little bit and it popped out and I was able to move it over to 2wd. Tried it this morning too, and it worked fine. I didn't even think to look at the switch to see if it was pushed in or not.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts