Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need to start planning for a new truck, thinking about a 08, or 09.

What I need to know is what is tha advantage of the pro over the 4x4.

what would be equivalent to my 06 LE?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Pro-4x is 4x4 with a rear locker, body colored bumpers, special rims, 33 inch tires, special badges, special interior, lower gear ratio, full metal skid plates. Thats all I can think of at the moment. Pro-4x would be more than equivalent to an LE if the right packages are chosen.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Mechanical-wise, you'd just be missing the rear locker, skid plates and Rancho shocks from a regular 4X4. Asthetic differences would be the two tone cloth seats, sits a little bit higher, white faced guages, 18" wheels, red stitched interior, PRO badges, body colored bumpers, auto headlamps and avail. leather seats (also on LEs). So the "advantage" is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have a regular 4x4, and I have skid plates. Or are there more skid plates covering different areas on the Pro-4X models? I do wish I had the rear locker though. I haven't been anywhere yet where I would need it, but you never know.

So, at least lower gear ratio (higher numerically), rear locker, and different shocks are all that I know of that makes a difference. The rest is cosmetic stuff like different color stitching in the seats and white faceplates in the gauges.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
There are more skid plates... The front plate is beefier, then there's a plate over the gas tank, and I don't remember where else.. The e-locker can only be engaged when in 4LO... The front springs are longer for more height in addition to the Rancho shocks. Leather Seats in a Pro-4x are georgeous, the pinstriping and emblem are beautiful on leather.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Bought my 4X4LE and then found out about the Pro-4X. I would have gone the 4X route, if I'd known, but I love my LE. Whatever you decide make sure it's 4x4 ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
i just test drove a 2011 pro-4x the other night, and i'm not sure if it's just the newer models, but not only are the gauge faces white but the needles and numbers glow pretty dang red if i'm remembering correctly? not sure if that's just the pro-4x but i would imagine it is. it's been a while but my old truck's gauges glowed white w/ orange needles, pretty suuuuuure....
small detail but, there it is :)

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
i just test drove a 2011 pro-4x the other night, and i'm not sure if it's just the newer models, but not only are the gauge faces white but the needles and numbers glow pretty dang red if i'm remembering correctly? not sure if that's just the pro-4x but i would imagine it is. it's been a while but my old truck's gauges glowed white w/ orange needles, pretty suuuuuure....
Those 2010 dash guages are all pretty now. :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have a off road SE and have rancho's, skid plates, and the rear locker! I guess the Off Road CC SE stands for Special? lol I have lots of button too lol I guess alot of options - but then again mine has been in the shop looked at now for 2 days waiting to see why it won't start lol

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The guages were changed for 2008. I love that they reverse from black numbers on a white background to white numbers on a black background at night. The orange surround and bright red needles are cool white that combo.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
4x4 and off road/pro-X have the same skids except the off road/pro-x has a skid under the oil pan maybe. Both my '05 SE 4x4's have skids at the front, T-case and gas tank and 3.36 gears.

Pro X now is the only one you can get the lower gears I believe or in the extra something heavy duty package. Its why I won't buy another Titan unless they change those options.

If you buy a 08-09 with more than 40K plan on changing the factory Rancho's.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
4x4 and off road/pro-X have the same skids except the off road/pro-x has a skid under the oil pan maybe. Both my '05 SE 4x4's have skids at the front, T-case and gas tank and 3.36 gears.

Pro X now is the only one you can get the lower gears I believe or in the extra something heavy duty package. Its why I won't buy another Titan unless they change those options.

If you buy a 08-09 with more than 40K plan on changing the factory Rancho's.
The skid plates are the same as the OR package equipped trucks. When the PRO-4X came in 2008 though, there was no more OR package. You can get the same gears if you get the tow package on other Titans.
The Ranchos have been fine on both my Titans.

·
Registered
71 Posts
pro4x almost the same as the 4x4 off road version? I have the e locker, the skid plates, I have the rancho shocks in the back, but I don't know much about my gear ratio to the pro4x :)

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
pro4x almost the same as the 4x4 off road version? I have the e locker, the skid plates, I have the rancho shocks in the back, but I don't know much about my gear ratio to the pro4x :)
It's close minus the the Pro4x interior and color matched exterior. They both have the 3.36 gear ratio.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's close minus the the Pro4x interior and color matched exterior. They both have the 3.36 gear ratio.
:p I'm kind of glad I don't have the leather interior lol... gets to hot in the summer and my car already has all leather interior... well mine has all color matched exterior

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Ya I hated the leather interior in my old Chevy. Not to mention that the "leather" that they use in cars nowadays is more of a pleather anyway.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The PRO-4X doesn't have to have the leather. Although it's sharp looking, only seating parts of the fronts are leather. The rest and the rear seat is vinyl. I have the two-tone red stitched cloth seats but that was because this truck was a real struggle to find so I'd have taken it no matter what interior it had..lol. I'm very happy though I didn't get the leather. I would have liked heated cloth seats like my Maxima used to have.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Mechanical wise...yep, you have the exact same things the PRO has. I think the front springs are a little longer on the PRO.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts