Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question about ordering a 4X4 with offroad package. Just got a confirmation print off with my dealer that my order went through to nissan for building. I noticed that everything had a MSRP price beside it i.e utility bed 900, floormats 110, rockford fosgate with captains 1700, side air bags 850, big tow 600, and a freight charge 650. But it did not have the MSRP of the Offroad package listed. It was on the list, but the price next to it was $0. Just curious if anyone has had the same thing come up on their order or they knew what the deal was. The salesman didn't exactly know what the $0 meant. Everything else seemed ok except the "offroad" issue. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I assume you are an Aggie but welcome to the board anyway. :jester:

Maybe you are getting it for free! I would check out Edmunds or other Kelly and find dealer cost not MSRP. :computern

·
Registered
108 Posts
Something wierd w/4x4 & Offroad?

www.durocab.com said:
I assume you are an Aggie but welcome to the board anyway. :jester:

Maybe you are getting it for free! I would check out Edmunds or other Kelly and find dealer cost not MSRP. :computern
Something wierd is going on with the 4x4/Off-Road package. Last weekend I pulled up some local dealer vehicles that matched what I wanted, including the 4x4 and Offroad package. A day or so ago somebody posted that they weren't able to select 4x4 drivetrain w/off-road package, and I replied that I hadn't had that problem. Well.... tonight I was "designing" my dream truck again and it happened to me. It won't allow me to select off-road package if I've selected the 4x4 drivetrain. Anyboy know what's up with that?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'm telling ya, I'm confused too. When I said I wanted a "SE CC 4x4" my dealer said that particular set up (CC SE 4x4) automatically included the off road package, if I had RF with bench or captain also. Not all other set ups did this. I want to believe him because that would be way cool.

But he also said he was adding the Popular with bench to the RF with bench and that was a no-no. They are the same thing except for the type of sound system you get so, you can't add them together. That would be like paying for the same thing twice. And calll me stupid, but where would they put the second head unit?

·
Registered
108 Posts
FLfinfan said:
I'm telling ya, I'm confused too. When I said I wanted a "SE CC 4x4" my dealer said that particular set up (CC SE 4x4) automatically included the off road package, if I had RF with bench or captain also. Not all other set ups did this. I want to believe him because that would be way cool.

But he also said he was adding the Popular with bench to the RF with bench and that was a no-no. They are the same thing except for the type of sound system you get so, you can't add them together. That would be like paying for the same thing twice. And calll me stupid, but where would they put the second head unit?
Hey FLfinfan dude. Let's just agree on the fact that your dealer is either a moron, or is trying to rip you off :)

BUT, just to keep things confusing, I just confirmed again that the Nissan website will no longer allow me to select a 4x4 drivetrain ALONG WITH the Offroad Package. BUT, I just ran a dealer search on trucks in my area and there are trucks available with that configuration. So no, we're not going crazy. Here's what I wonder - has Nissan either ran out of or decided for some wierd reason that they're not going to bundle the 4x4 and Offroad package (which makes no sense at all)? Strange.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My guess is it's all related to the elocker, which comes with the offroad package. This all started around the 9th which is the cutoff date for having one manufactured this month so all trucks ordered now will be produced in April, the same time the elocker will be available. Now I've read out here the VDC and elocker are not available together so it could be either they don't have pricing for the elocker yet (hopefully) or because they can't be ordered together, you may have to chose between the tow package or offroad package? I'm sending an email to Nissan to try and get further clarification on this as I would rather have one produced before April if this is the case. VDC would be more useful to me in day to day driving but I would still like to have the offroad goodies less the elocker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
texag said:
Got a question about ordering a 4X4 with offroad package. Just got a confirmation print off with my dealer that my order went through to nissan for building. I noticed that everything had a MSRP price beside it i.e utility bed 900, floormats 110, rockford fosgate with captains 1700, side air bags 850, big tow 600, and a freight charge 650. But it did not have the MSRP of the Offroad package listed. It was on the list, but the price next to it was $0. Just curious if anyone has had the same thing come up on their order or they knew what the deal was. The salesman didn't exactly know what the $0 meant. Everything else seemed ok except the "offroad" issue. Thanks for the info.

I noticed the same thing when my dealer faxed over my confirmation. After I asked him about it, he called someone at Nissan and said that the e-locker was being added to the off-road package and the new price of the package hasn't been determined. From what I've read, it'll increase the package another couple hundred or so. But then I noticed on the "Features and Specifications" doc that someone posted that the VDC was not available with the e-locker. Since I also ordered the big tow with the VDC, I got a little worried I wasn't going to get all the options I ordered. I called Nissan and the rep I spoke with said that the VDC and the e-locker can both be installed but can't be active at the same time. Since the VDC has a disable button, my guess is that when you enable the e-locker, it'll disable the VDC. It's still not clear to me whether or not I'll get what I ordered but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I wanted the e-locker but don't want to give up the VDC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
locking diff. & off road package

This is good info..
I ordered a LE Crew with various options including the off road package.
I specified that I would place the order ONLY when the locking diff. became available.
When the confirmation was faxed it also showed the "0".
The Virginia Beach dealer said that the truck would have it but is trying to verify at this time.
I would think the package now includes it but the final price may not have been set.
Meade

·
Registered
497 Posts
thats what i thought, when you engauge the locker the vdc and abls automatically deactivates. i hope nissan offers a kit to turn it off manually so we can install our own e-locker, or the switch and wiring like in the off-road package seperatly so we can install our on e-locker. if not im hoping they will offer it at a "reasonable" price for those of us who didnt purchase the off-road package. (i wanted it but theres no selection here and since they didnt have the truck i wanted i paid 300 over invoice, we cant get it as low as the mainland or the selection but im still happy as hell :eveilgrin )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for giving information on this issue. I'm sure it will be figured out sooner or later - hopefully, everyone will get what they want when they get their truck ordered and delivered. I'll be sure to provide any info on this if I find out anything new.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Nissan site shows the price for the off road package as $700 when I have an SE CC 4x4 selected but then if you select the offroad package it changes your drivetrain to 4x2 and shows the price as $950. Hopefully this is just a problem with the site. I just confirmed today with my dealer that my order went through OK this week. I have an SE CC 4x4 with offroad, big tow, SE popular bench and utility bed on order. I'll have to get a copy of the confirmation just to be sure. :gotrice:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts