Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a possibility I'd be living in Minot ND next year. I did have a 2004 4x2 SE...I miss her so...I sold her...anyway, I digress:

I'm getting another Titan. Should I get a 4x4? Would I NEED a 4x4? Would I NEED a 4x4 in Minot?? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
matthews said:
There's a possibility I'd be living in Minot ND next year. I did have a 2004 4x2 SE...I miss her so...I sold her...anyway, I digress:

I'm getting another Titan. Should I get a 4x4? Would I NEED a 4x4? Would I NEED a 4x4 in Minot?? Thanks
I'd think snow being the norm in winter there, not the exception as it is here....yeah. I'd bite the bullet and go 4WD. :gunz: I personally wouldn't consider 2WD as an option where you are.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
matthews said:

need? no - you don't need a Titan :jester: j/k in all honesty a 10 year old civic with snow tires is the way to go. I spent 10 months in Des Moines,IA about 05 years ago and if I would have had the funds I would have had a 4x4.

IMO, if you are buying a Titan to drive you are better off with 4x4 - just remember that four wheel drive doesn't help you stop!:upsidedow Check out the shurtrax http://www.shurtrax.com/ too. sand tubes suck :cheers:
Fd

·
Registered
359 Posts
matthews said:

I live in Florida and have made the decision to buy only 4X4 trucks or SUVs. I use 4wd a few times a year...not for heavy 4 wheeling, but for pulling boats out on unimproved (sand) ramps and maybe the odd trip through a soggy field.

I have a 4x4 Titan and I just brought my wife a 4x4 Jeep Commander.

When you're getting a truck or SUV, the 4x4 option is a realtively inexpensive piece of extra capability. In snow country, I'd call it essential.

·
Registered
575 Posts
matthews said:

I currently live in Dauphin, MB Canada which is located about 350 to 400 Kms north of Minot and I own a 2004 Titan SE Kingcab 4x2 and its taken me through 3 Manitoba winters with no problems. If you don't plan on doing any serious off-roading a 4x2 is all you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts