Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm REALLY glad I bought the warranty when I got the Titan in June 05'
I've used it twice on intermediate service work, (power steering line & pass. taillight harness) but this last one takes the cake.

Noticed a 'clunk' every so often, but the dealership diagnosed it (on 11/30) as the drive shaft. Said I should schedule for a replacement, but life got in the way and I didn't get around to it.

Fast forward to Jan 12th when I noticed a grinding noise from the passenger rear end. After removing the wheel/caliper/and rotor, all of the parking brake 'stuff' fell into the pile you see here.

Set up an appt. with the dealer and they discovered the rear axle seals were leaking and the differential was making noise & 'burnt.' Bad news - I needed a new axle assembly. Good news - it's covered under my 6 year/100,000 mile extended warranty minus a $50 deductible. (truck has 73k miles)

The extended warranty didn't cover the new rotors I needed, so that was an additional $186.36. But for $250 bucks - I got a brand new rear axle & rotors installed. I was :clap: that day.

And now, it's going back in for a new $50 (deductible) 6 disk cd changer that went south this past summer. I didn't think to ask if it was covered until recently - but it is. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
worth every penny. I put one on my 06 T too. So far I've had both my exhaust manifolds, pinion seal, 6 disc changer all replaced and I get 4 oil changes thrown in for free to boot.

I think I am now ahead of the game.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Had the 6 year 100K too. Radiator at 70K mi or so, but the big one was 93K mi ... 2 cracked exhaust manifolds, 2 broken motor mounts, cracked transmission mount, and they also threw on one of the finned covers, (they were having a "campaign"). Parts alone would have been more than the extended warranty cost.

Since it has expired, I've had another transmission mount crack, after only 19K miles, (that's why I recently bought the PRG traction bars, as they are supposed to help prevent this too common issue of the 4x4 Titans), and I just paid my Dodge/Jeep mechanic to replace the passenger rear axle seal and wheel bearing. First time it was at 37K miles, (Nissan paid), so it lasted for 82K miles, without the vent mod, which I was getting ready to do ... The OEM vent wasn't clogged though, and I tore the cap off and the silicone-like diaphragm and spring looked in really good condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts