Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody swapped the T's awesome 5.6 engine and trans into anything else? Dreaming of doing that into an old Jeep Comando for my wife. She's into old vehicles with character but newer engines.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have seriously been contemplating putting one in my CJ7. I will be doing a V8 swap and just trying to decide which way to go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seriously been contemplating putting one in my CJ7. I will be doing a V8 swap and just trying to decide which way to go.

Well I'm thinking about finding a 1966-71 jeep commando in good shape that needs a engine/trans and putting the 5.6 with trans in it. It would be my first attempt at something this tough. I have friends up to this type of job, but I can't depend on them to do it for me you know. Those friends helped me rebuild a amc 360 and swap it into my cj7. The old 304 was worn out. Trying to wrap my brain around how much work it would be. :bangit: I wish Nissan had put the 5.6 in the xterra. Then I could probably just swap the commando body onto the xterra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts