Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys recently installed Procomp Stage II kit but went with 5" of rear lift instead of the 3" that it normally comes with. I'm currently using the MX6 shocks and it rides really nice. Only thing I noticed is during the process of swapping out the rear lift, the shocks where about 2"-2.5" short of mounting points on the axle, so I had to lift the rear end up to line up. So I'm assuming I need longer shocks to avoid bottoming out the current MX6s. I wouldn't mind staying with the MX6s if they made a longer version. I figure I'll need a shock that has about 30" of extended length, correct? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks..!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Greg probably has a Bilstein 5125 that will fit. He modifies the mounts so they fit on Titans. He has various lengths available. Also the Radflo 2" remote reservoirs are available in several lengths.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
^ agreed. If you have the coin, get the Radflos. If not, Greg can bust out some Bilsteins that will fit what you need, and they are probably the best for the price.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Radflos on the front and they are good but very noisy.
I have the Bilstein 5100s installed on the rear
But my T sits a lot lower then yours

Are you selling your front UCA's ?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I have the Radflos on the front and they are good but very noisy.
I have the Bilstein 5100s installed on the rear
But my T sits a lot lower then yours

Are you selling your front UCA's ?
Not to thread jack, but how are they noisy? Clunks, creaks, pops and the like come from the instal, not the shock itself. Unless the shock is busted or defective.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So with the truck up in air all wheels off the ground, with the rear bottom shocks unbolted and the rear end hanging. Should the bottom of the shocks be even with the mounting points on the rear end? Or is it normal to have to raise the rear end 2-3" to line up the mounting mount holes on the bottom of the shock and rear end? Are the shocks supposed to help support the rear end a bit to keep the rear end from dropping down completely? If that makes any sense. LOL..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I totally understand your last post. Sorry i can't really help you out but I am aslo interested in the answer to your question. I also have a pro comp 6 inch and I'm considering doing the same thing

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have 5-6" of rear lift and I am running the crappy Pro-Comp shocks. They work ok, but I plan to put some Bilsteins on it in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts