Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have legality/police issues with 5% tint when driving around? Also those with tint jobs - how much did you pay for all four windows + backglass - I know I live in aK and everything is more expensive - but I wanted to get an idea of how much more I'm paying than you.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
i paid 25 per window. i'm sure some people get better deals, but it came with a year warranty.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
i paid 25 per window. i'm sure some people get better deals, but it came with a year warranty.
I paid the same plus $15 for the windshield strip.

IMO, 5% tint is too much for the front. I've seen too many people that almost run over kids in parking lots because they can't see them at night.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesus! I'd kill to get 25 bucks a window! They are charging me 325 for backglass and 4 windows on a king cab! And eyebrow is $50 up here! So I didn't want to get it. - so I know you can't see in it - but you say there are also problems seeing out as well?

·
Registered
869 Posts
At night you won't be able to see a thing with 5%.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Anyone have legality/police issues with 5% tint when driving around?
That would depend where you are located/relocated. I know people here in CO that have gotten fix it tickets. Meaning they aren't just fines but you have to show up in court showing that you have resolved the issue.

Given that you're in the USAF, I would avoid 5% just in case you get stationed where it would be a problem.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
That would depend where you are located/relocated. I know people here in CO that have gotten fix it tickets. Meaning they aren't just fines but you have to show up in court showing that you have resolved the issue.

Given that you're in the USAF, I would avoid 5% just in case you get stationed where it would be a problem.
I've heard in cali, the cops just make you yank the tint off right there on the side of the road. haha.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ive had 5% all the way around since my first car, I never had a problem tell last year, highway patrol got me, $150 fine. I sold the car shortly after and havnt tinted my Titan yet, it has legal tint now, I would like to go darker just havnt done it yet. Also I wouldn't go 5% up front any more, you couldn't see crap at night, it was cool when I was younger but I wouldn't do it now, I need to see out at night. Side note I had my F150 so dark a cop walked up and held his flashlight to my rear window while I was back there:)eyebrow:) and he couldn't see us and walked back to his car and left.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I paid the same plus $15 for the windshield strip.

IMO, 5% tint is too much for the front. I've seen too many people that almost run over kids in parking lots because they can't see them at night.
5%? most people in my area that Have tint get 15% at least..... is your math correct?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Certainly. Is your's?

Up here I guess they do math backwards, our tint goes from 5% being least to 100% being most.

Odd.....

EX: 5% tint = 95% visibility up here.... State law is 15% IIRC (cops put your license on the windshield, if you can't read it its too dark.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Up here I guess they do math backwards, our tint goes from 5% being least to 100% being most.

Odd.....

EX: 5% tint = 95% visibility up here.... State law is 15% IIRC (cops put your license on the windshield, if you can't read it its too dark.
They do the flashlight test here. If they can't see you when they shine their flashlight, you'll get a fix it ticket.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ive had 5% all the way around since my first car, I never had a problem tell last year, highway patrol got me, $150 fine. I sold the car shortly after and havnt tinted my Titan yet, it has legal tint now, I would like to go darker just havnt done it yet. Also I wouldn't go 5% up front any more, you couldn't see crap at night, it was cool when I was younger but I wouldn't do it now, I need to see out at night. Side note I had my F150 so dark a cop walked up and held his flashlight to my rear window while I was back there:)eyebrow:) and he couldn't see us and walked back to his car and left.
was that with 5% tint?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I paid $120 to have all the windows on my KC done with 5% and $15 to have the visor done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMG_20110510_112356.jpg Yeah I really like dark tint, works really well on those hot days,
but cant see anything at nite.need to roll it down haha. I have 5% on top of 35% front and 5% on top of 20% back windows.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Jesus! I'd kill to get 25 bucks a window! They are charging me 325 for backglass and 4 windows on a king cab! And eyebrow is $50 up here! So I didn't want to get it. - so I know you can't see in it - but you say there are also problems seeing out as well?
Bro, whatever you do, don't go to Big Barn Auto Design in Fairbanks. Those guys are a joke and they look to rip people off. Just giving you a heads up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I paid 200.00 cash for removing some crappy tint on all of my CC windows and installing new 20% on all with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
58,743 Posts
$100 for 20% on the front windows and those inserts in the door panels.

·
Registered
783 Posts
when i bought my truck in february, it came with super dark tine in the back, and a little lighter in the front. if i could redo it, i would get it just a little lighter in the front because it's hard to see at night and see my iPod when wearing sunglasses!! lol

but tint can really complete the look of an already bada$$ truck!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts