Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own an 07 Titan LE Crew Cab. Not too long ago, when I went to the dealership to get an oil change, it's free..lol. The guy there told me some crap about a $500 dollar service check that they do on all Titan when they they reach 30,000 miles. I've had my truck since 07 and I was wondering, if anyone who has a Titan with more than 30'000 miles had any problems with it that were not normal wear and tear. Or if they have even heard about this. Is this something I need to take seriously or is the Shop trying to get some money? What do you think?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Oh god no! Open up your service manual. It tells you what is recommended and do what you can your self. All the info you need is in this forum. At 30k there isnt much to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as I imagined. Wouldn't be the first time they tried some crap like that. One time they told me I needed a transmission fluid line replaced. I told them I would replace it myself. There was nothing wrong with any of the lines and the time I took it after that, they never even mentioned it. Well, thanks for your help, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I have not heard of paying $500 for a service check, w/o having any actual work performed. I have heard of service performed at various intervals which include specific lists of maintenance work to be performed, mainly changing the various fluids. You would need to have a specific list of exactly what they are proposing to do for the $500 to evaluate whether it is worth the cost. You do need to change gear oil in the rear axle, front axle & transfer case (if 4wd), transmission fluid, radiator coolant at recommended intervals with the specified fluids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts