Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own an 07 Titan LE Crew Cab. Not too long ago, when I went to the dealership to get an oil change, it's free..lol. The guy there told me some crap about a $500 dollar service check that they do on all Titan when they they reach 30,000 miles. I've had my truck since 07 and I was wondering, if anyone who has a Titan with more than 30'000 miles had any problems with it that were not normal wear and tear. Or if they have even heard about this. Is this something I need to take seriously or is the Shop trying to get some money? What do you think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as I imagined. Wouldn't be the first time they tried some crap like that. One time they told me I needed a transmission fluid line replaced. I told them I would replace it myself. There was nothing wrong with any of the lines and the time I took it after that, they never even mentioned it. Well, thanks for your help, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
I have not heard of paying $500 for a service check, w/o having any actual work performed. I have heard of service performed at various intervals which include specific lists of maintenance work to be performed, mainly changing the various fluids. You would need to have a specific list of exactly what they are proposing to do for the $500 to evaluate whether it is worth the cost. You do need to change gear oil in the rear axle, front axle & transfer case (if 4wd), transmission fluid, radiator coolant at recommended intervals with the specified fluids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.