Nissan Titan Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1320 Posts

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Waiting for my warranty to run out (4k miles to go) then switching over to these.
Why? It wont affect your warranty one bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just picked up my Bilstein's for the front and rear on my truck. Went with the PRG kit that includes spacers up front, ruff country uca's, bump stops, extended sway arms, camber bolts and new rear blocks as well. Can't wait to install everything!! I do have a question or two though.

If I leave the shock on the first setting and install the spacer that is around 2" of lift? Greg said to leave it on the first notch and not put it up to the second setting, is this just a ride quality issue or is it a contact issue? How bad is the ride difference if you do put the shocks on the second setting instead of leaving them at the first setting? If you put them on the second setting I take it the truck sits level instead of having a rake to it?

2008 SE Titan 4WD

Thank you

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
You will want the mid setting with your spacer, personally think the mid setting is the best ride, with 3" up front and the rear block you should be level (assuming the rear block is 1.5")

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will want the mid setting with your spacer, personally think the mid setting is the best ride, with 3" up front and the rear block you should be level (assuming the rear block is 1.5")

Thank you for all of the assistance FishinAlaska!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm ordering a complete set this week from ORW. Getting a great price along with Camber bolts. In regards to the rear 5100s....Can they be mounted upside down (boot down)?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
however you want to mount them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a quick update, I have the rear Bilsteins on along with the new rear blocks. About to start the front process.
This pic is with the mini lift on.

This is with the new bilsteins and blocks in the rear with the stock shocks in the front with the old PRG spacer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a quick update, I have the rear Bilsteins on along with the new rear blocks. About to start the front process.
This pic is with the mini lift on.

This is with the new bilsteins and blocks in the rear with the stock shocks in the front with the old PRG spacer

A couple more in better daylight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm planning on replacing my struts and shocks here in the next couple of weeks. I'm contemplating building complete new struts and just doing a swap since mine have 115,000 miles and the springs make a fair amount of noise and have been for a while. I don't know how to describe the noise besides calling it a "sproing" when rebounding, it is not at all clunky. If I order the 5100 kit from PRG, then getting Moog springs and the following parts, will I just need to add the top nut to hold it all together? Nissan shows two different part numbers for the 2 rubber bushings, but it looks like they are the same in the KYB kit.

More Information for MOOG K160344

More Information for KYB SM5700

Thanks!

ETA: I'm looking at the following image plus the beginning of this thread.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Get ahold of Mike at Off road warehouse (also a forum vendor) for your 5100's, PRG has been having some shipping issues lately. I did the same thing recently except reused my OEM springs. Ordered 2 of everything (55323, 54034, 56115, 56125, 5613. You can find them at nissanpartsdeal.com for less than anywhere else

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was just wanting to make sure that it will be ok to run Bilstien 5100s (on the 0 setting) on my 2009 titan 4x4 crew cab with a 1.5 inch spacer up front. Any tips on the parts needed or the place to order them would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Look at the first page of this thread it shows you everything in order of assembly

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was just wanting to make sure that it will be ok to run Bilstien 5100s (on the 0 setting) on my 2009 titan 4x4 crew cab with a 1.5 inch spacer up front. Any tips on the parts needed or the place to order them would be appreciated.

I am not sure what the "0" setting is (highest or lowest setting), but for what it's worth I have the 5100's on my 2011 with a 1.5" lift spacer from PRG and I have had no issues. My 5100's are set at the lowest (no lift) setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am not sure what the "0" setting is (highest or lowest setting), but for what it's worth I have the 5100's on my 2011 with a 1.5" lift spacer from PRG and I have had no issues. My 5100's are set at the lowest (no lift) setting.

Cool, thanks for the input. Would you say the Bilstien 5100s are worth it? How much did it improve your ride?

BTW 0 setting meant no lift.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cool, thanks for the input. Would you say the Bilstien 5100s are worth it? How much did it improve your ride?

BTW 0 setting meant no lift.

I did not notice a dramatic difference, but I noticed a more improved ride in the rear than the front. Overall I think they are worth it. I notices a distinct difference in quality when holding a 5100 in hand compared to the factory shock. I have no regrets. I purchased them during one of TAP Auto's sales. I'm glad I did the PRG mini lift though and like I mentioned before it didn't cause any issues with the 5100's. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my 5100s on the truck last Friday. With the help of a friend who has used spring compressors many times it took an hour and a half for all four corners. Kept the stock springs, etc. Made a huge difference in ride quality. Sometimes feels a little floaty, but I'm assuming that's because the front got raised and the back stayed the same. It took almost as long to change my dirt bike front tire afterwards...lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I bought 5100's and Moog springs recently, and I plan on taking them to a shop to get the springs installed on the 5100's. Should I order new bushings and strut mounts (see below) as well so I can bring it all to the shop without having to bring my old shocks in to swap the mounts and bushings over? Is it also smart to do simply because the OEM's have 165k miles on them?

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6109998&cc=3294192&jsn=10432&jsn=10432

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6745408&cc=3294192&jsn=10421

1261 - 1280 of 1320 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
258 Participants
GOVols
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing