Nissan Titan Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1320 Posts

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Yeah, that is a great idea, I got all mine at nissanpartsdeal.com, I would compare prices to the moog parts you listed above

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well.... been a bit since I've posted on here but been lurking off and on... quick question for the masses..... setting the fronts on mid perch with no spacer will add little to no lift??? My girlfriend has trouble getting in and out as it is so a huge lift is not advised ... I'd be ok with an inch or so.... and this is for a 2010 4WD LE.... thanks guys... and hey Fish!!!!

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Hey Man welcome back. Mid setting will give you 1", not too noticeable but it will even the front out with the back a little. With the mid setting you wont have to do anything else either.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Soooo.... 5100s on mid perch no spacer for front... 5125s in the rear no blocks and I should be close to level??? Sounds like I need to find a sale..... lol... so are 5125s better or just go 5100s all the way around?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Go 5100's, 5125's are for a bigger block, they will be too long for stock height. Talk to Mike ORW (off road warehouse) Forum vendor and long time owner and member. He will get you the best price around.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just ordered the bilsteins, & 2 of each of the parts listed on the previous page. Along with the Moog 08 springs. My question is, does it matter which end of the springs is facing down? On page one it says to put the grey side down, but the Moogs don’t have a grey end.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
There is a difference between the top and the bottom. On the bottom coils just end, on the top they meet and are flat. You will be able to tell the difference when you see them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks Fishn, I do have them in the garage. I’ll take a better look at them when I get home. Should I have a rubber boot for the bottom to sit on? or does it just sit on the perch as is?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
There should be plastic insulator on your old ones you can slide off and put on there (Grey piece on the bottom in this picture)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks again. I was hoping to pre assemble the new set up, & just pull out the old & put in the new, without having to disassemble the old one.
I guess that it not an option?

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Thanks again. I was hoping to pre assemble the new set up, & just pull out the old & put in the new, without having to disassemble the old one.
I guess that it not an option?
buy the spring isolators from auto zone nissan amazon... ;)

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
I've never seen them available online, you got a part number for the lower insulator?

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I've never seen them available online, you got a part number for the lower insulator?
maybe i bought mine from nissan? i don't remember now. google turned up a bunch of isolators though.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
maybe i bought mine from nissan? i don't remember now. google turned up a bunch of isolators though.
Every one that I looked at was the one for the top, not the bottom.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought new springs recently from rock auto 08+4wd and while at bought new mounting plate and bushing etc to complete the install so I can just swap them out. What are you looking for exactly?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The isolator that goes on the bottom of the spring, so there is no metal to metal contact.
Install is tomorrow. I have all the other parts, but they need to disassemble the originals to get the isolators to use on the bills.
I managed to get a free install coupon with the purchase of all 4 bills, so I only have to pay for the alignment.
I printed the photos from page one to go over with the installer before getting started. He will probably think I’m a crazy old man, but I don’t want to have to bring it back.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I printed the photos from page one to go over with the installer before getting started. He will probably think I’m a crazy old man, but I don’t want to have to bring it back.
I did the same thing on my 2006 from an older thread....Only i was like 19, so they probably thought i was some POS kid. lol but they did it right the first time.

1281 - 1300 of 1320 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
258 Participants
GOVols
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing