Nissan Titan Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
First, thanks for the write up..great info. I’ve read through about 20 pages of this thread and Im still not completely sure what setup I should use.

I have a 2011 pro4x. I have already purchased the 5100s for the front. If I want to level the truck what are my options? Which setting should I run on the 5100? Also, do I need a spacer?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
680 Posts
You can go to the mid or top perch but I'm not sure if that will make it level. I recommend adding the spacer instead and keeping it at the bottom or mid perch to keep a comfortable ride.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
When mine were put on, I specified mid perch and it leveled it out to about 1/8" between the 2 fender wells.... and it rides a lot better....

·
Registered
11 Posts
If mine turns out like that I’ll be real happy. I’ve ordered the 5100s, all control arms and tie rods. I’m going with mid perch and fingers crossed. The project will start either this weekend or the next. I’ll post some before and after pics.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mid perch you'll be fine... it really does level out the truck pretty well.... I really need to get mine cleaned up and take pics... it's the wife's truck now but i still do maintenance on it... lol...

·
Registered
2017 Titan SV 4x4
9 Posts
I have a 2017 SV 4x4 and I’m installing the Bilstein B8 5100s all around once I have time to get it to the shop to do my exhaust at the same time. After reading through this I’m assuming I should use the 4th perch? Right now it sits at around 37” in the front and 38 - 38 1/8 in the rear. I will also be installing a procomp 1” block in the rear. “Hypothetically” this should put me at around 1/2” rake right? Being under 2” i shouldn’t need to worry about CBC right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m getting my bilsteins put on Wednesday. Trying to figure out what setting and to replace the coils if need be.

04 Titan 4x4 off-road package.
136k the front measures 35-3/4” rear 40”

everyone seems to be starting out higher stock than I am so I’m wondering if the coils are that worn out?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can go to the mid or top perch but I'm not sure if that will make it level. I recommend adding the spacer instead and keeping it at the bottom or mid perch to keep a comfortable ride.

Recommendation for any good spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Recommendation for any good spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before my lift, I used MotoFab and they worked fine. I actually have them up for sale in the marketplace if you're interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lift questions
I ordered all the stuff separate. I ordered what I thought was the best stuff. SPC UCA, Bilstein 5100 all around(will run on middle setting), 1 1/2 spacer, 1" block for back and replacement sway bar end links. Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
21 Posts
13' 4x4, if i put on middle setting for a little bit of leveling will i need aftermarket UCAs or anything else extra ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’d recommend new bump stops. My 15 will just barely contact the coil bucket at full droop, but it’s ever so slight.
thats with just the 5100 middle setting nothing else ? Also, extended bump stops or just new? Any alignment issues or anything else? Trying to avoid an endless rabbit hole of aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
With rare exception, later Gen1 (2008+) 4x4 trucks can use the middle perch on the Bilstein with no CBC, as it adds 1" of ride height to the setup, and will get you within about half an inch of dead level. Occasionally (as Smccarty3 has discovered) a little CBC occurs. I've found that even with PRG UCAs, my 2011 Pro4X with 3" of total lift up front has a very slight CBC on the driver's side under full, fast extension, even.

If you have a stock 2013 4x4, you should be good with the middle setting and all stock components except your bump stops. What you want to buy is the Energy Suspension extended bump stops. The part number is 9.9101 with either a G (black) or R (red) letter suffix, denoting the color of the bump stop. I went with the black stops, and they are nice and unobtrusive. Some guys like red. Up to you. You will need to ever so slightly enlarge the hole in your LCA for the bump stop, but it's quick with a hand drill and not difficult.

Reactions: Krisnp

·
Registered
21 Posts
With rare exception, later Gen1 (2008+) 4x4 trucks can use the middle perch on the Bilstein with no CBC, as it adds 1" of ride height to the setup, and will get you within about half an inch of dead level. Occasionally (as Smccarty3 has discovered) a little CBC occurs. I've found that even with PRG UCAs, my 2011 Pro4X with 3" of total lift up front has a very slight CBC on the driver's side under full, fast extension, even.

If you have a stock 2013 4x4, you should be good with the middle setting and all stock components except your bump stops. What you want to buy is the Energy Suspension extended bump stops. The part number is 9.9101 with either a G (black) or R (red) letter suffix, denoting the color of the bump stop. I went with the black stops, and they are nice and unobtrusive. Some guys like red. Up to you. You will need to ever so slightly enlarge the hole in your LCA for the bump stop, but it's quick with a hand drill and not difficult.
awesome thank you very much for the info. yes all stock, just wanted to make double sure i dont run into any problems with alignment, sway bars, end links, CV axles , etc.. as i have before with lifting other vehicles and end up pouring way more money into it than i want. Just want slight leveling and a reliable upgrade in suspension. Will do with the bump stops, should be all set, thanks again!

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If you don't already have cam bolts in the lower control arms, might be a good time to add them, while you have the shock out for the swap. They're going to run about $35 or so, and install is pretty easy unless your current cam bolts are seized (if you're in the northeast or the rust belt, that's a good chance, but mine here in the southeast look practically brand new after a decade). That will ensure the shop is able to get your caster/camber set to factory specs after you raise it. Easy enough to do with the shock out and not expensive, so just do it now. Cam bolts, bump stops, and 5100s on mid perch should be an easy install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll be going on my 3rd set of Bilstein 5100's on the front. They keep leaking out oil. I do have a 6-inch procomp lift, but the lift includes the extended perch so the strut sits at normal height. Every 2-3 years I need to replace. Blah.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Your issue is probably the angle of force in the Bilstein in your setup. In speaking with Mike at OffRoad Warehouse, I learned that the Bilstein, with the spacer, sits at an odd angle and have issues with breaking the eye, so they might in your situation be riding one side of the seal and wearing it until it leaks. In your situation you probably need to spend the coin on some proper length coilovers.

1321 - 1340 of 1341 Posts