Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2004 cc 4x4 with a 2 inch level. 5100's are ordered and on their way. My question is this: Has anyone ever set the 5100 strut at 0 and kept the 2 inch level kit? My mechanic says this will increase ride quality without coil bucket contact.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
You are probably going to get coil bucket contact but you can give it a try. If that does happen either replace the UCA with aftermarket or ditch the spacer and move the 5100 to the middle setting. Some people have also got away with just grinding the coil bucket lip but it is case by case. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep you posted. I got lost in one of the million 5100 threads on here and I swear I saw where someone ran the 5100 on the "0" setting and kept their 2 inch level kit without coil bucket issues. If I get contact I will prob. lose the spacer and go to middle setting on 5100.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I will keep you posted. I got lost in one of the million 5100 threads on here and I swear I saw where someone ran the 5100 on the "0" setting and kept their 2 inch level kit without coil bucket issues. If I get contact I will prob. lose the spacer and go to middle setting on 5100.
I tried what you are going to do wth PRG 1.5 level kit and I had contact. I swapped out the spring with 08 4x4 and put the 5100 setting in the middle. This gave me 2.5 inch lift in the front with no contact anywhere. Not everyone has the same results and I do believe people have been able to pull it off with the spacer and 5100's.

·
Registered
573 Posts
<==

has a RC 3" kit and my 5100 set on the center notch with no problems

·
Registered
573 Posts
yes it does come with the UCA. Which is almost why its a must to get the RC kit for the price. Stand by sometime next week for an update on my truck with a body lift (RC 3"+5100 ( center notch ) + 3" body ) it should put me around 7" ? maybe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up cancelling my 5100 order and went with HD's. They arrived today and will hopefully be installed today. Am very excited about this as I have read many threads praising the ride quality the HD's give

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ended up cancelling my 5100 order and went with HD's. They arrived today and will hopefully be installed today. Am very excited about this as I have read many threads praising the ride quality the HD's give
Likely a good decision, I have the 5100's at 0 setting with the PRG spacer and I'm not a happy camper. The truck looks great, but the ride is harsh, and I am getting coil bucket contact. Still debating on what I am going to do next. I'd love to scrap everything and just go with a 6" lift like I wanted too all along, but I can't afford the tires and everything else that would need to go with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turned out to be great decision. The HD, when laid next to the stock rancho was a half inch longer, but did not add to my ride height. Ride quality went way up and the clunk and pop noise is gone too

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Turned out to be great decision. The HD, when laid next to the stock rancho was a half inch longer, but did not add to my ride height. Ride quality went way up and the clunk and pop noise is gone too
Glad it worked out for you. Pictures?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed a PRG 1" lift with Bilsteins yesterday. Everything went together pretty smooth. I left the Bilsteins set at 0 as per Greg's instructions. The 1" spacer seemed a little small to me but the over all lift when measured before and after at the fender arch was 2-1/4 inches difference. There was no unusual noise on my first test drive. I have not taken it off road yet so I don't know about going through a full cycle on the suspension movement. The one question I have is, I noticed on the hoist that I have upper control arm to coil bucket contact on full droop. Is this typical ? I never even looked to see if that was the case on the stock set up before I took everything apart. I'm not overly concerned as I'm not exactly rock crawling with it... but then again my inital test drive didn't really give the front end much of a work out.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You can grind the bucket lip where it gets nicked from the UCA, or buy aftermarket UCA's. The latest PRG ones provide the most clearance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts