Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a total noob when it comes to hauling a trailer. I just got myself a 2016 Titan XD with the Cummins diesel. I have this idea that I can get a good sized toy hauler here in VA and drag it across the Rockies to CA. I spoke with someone that owns a newer XD and they said that I'd need the 5th wheel adapter Nissan P/N 999T5-W4198. This made sense as the 3 holes are officially supposed to be for a gooseneck. It dropped right into the 3 holes in the bed and looks great. Now I'm looking for a 5th wheel to mount on it. I dug around and found that Curt already makes a 5th wheel with "legs" that mount directly into the 3 holes in the bed. Does this mean I am officially an idiot for buying the adapter before checking into it more carefully? If not, what sort of 5th wheel will mount directly to the adapter?

·
Premium Member
68,637 Posts
You should stick with a half ton towable 5th wheel trailer. Toy haulers are known to be heavy on the nose, so be mindful. Don't think you can drag a tri axle Raptor all over the US. I would choose very carefully after much homework.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should stick with a half ton towable 5th wheel trailer. Toy haulers are known to be heavy on the nose, so be mindful. Don't think you can drag a tri axle Raptor all over the US. I would choose very carefully after much homework.
Thanks 4mula1fan, any thoughts on a suitable 5th wheel that can mount directly to the Nissan adapter I mentioned?

·
Premium Member
68,637 Posts
That I can't help with. 5th wheels and 1st gen Titans don't play nice together.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have the XD you have the goose neck in the bed.
get the Andersen ultimate hitch and goose neck ball.
You will save about 150lbs in weights

also keep in mind the XD diesel payload is pretty crappy for what Nissan rated its towing capacity with the gooseneck. My XD gasser has a payload of 2259 and I tow a 10K loaded 5er with a 1500lb pin weight.
Good luck finding a toy hauler 5er with a pin weight under 1800lbs. This will be over your payload and rated pin weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts