Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this co worker of mine has a 06 6.0 GTO. I was showing some guys at lunch some of my racing vids (some thanks to Warp09) and he makes a comment about wiping the floor with me in his GTO. He says he's stock, and i believe him. I called his arse out to the irwindale (1/8th mile) and he just kinda laughed it off.

After work he get caught in traffic side by side, so i start throwing some revs at him, and vise versa. Then he decides to let the cars ahead of him move up about 8-10 lengths and does this huge burn out/fish tail/ smoke show right by me. As I see him pass me up and slow down due to traffic, I notice a Cop on a bike with a radar gun had caught the whole show. Im thinking to myself , He's so busted. But the cop just kinda shook his head and proceeded to point his radar gun else where. I caught hit at the next light and asked him if he was dating that cop or something cause anyone else would have got a reckless driving ticket. He just laughed and said he never went over 45 mph and took off.

Sometimes i really wish i had that kinda luck. lol. Had it been me It would have been a huge ticket for sure.

SO ANYWAYS....what do those things run stock? I ran one before in the 1/4 and had him all the way to the last 100-200 feet before he past me up and ran a 13.7 to my 14.2, but i doubt that guy was stock. Do i even have a chance, Im talking 1/8th mile here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dont know much about your YODA! but id inagine you'd be able to keep up somewhat in the 1/8th but def not in the 1/4. ill find out this weekend what a TITAN will do against one cause i have a show this sunday and i know two GTOs that always come out and ill call one out. i know they will do it they think they have ungodly fast cars

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my best 1/8th to date is a 9.0 (8.9 corrected) and best 1/4 is a 14.2 (13.9 corrected). We need better tracks around here. Correcting sucks and doesnt count.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
they run 8.5 with a good driver and a 6 speed. theyre about an 8.7 with an automatic. with a good stall in the autos they can hit 8.0 easily

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I raced one at a light months ago with all my same mods although I think he may have had a couple bolt-ons (at least exhaust). It was a good race up till 60 or so, but after that he just started slowly walking away, and he started walking away faster and faster obviously. From what I hear, those things are top end monstors, so in the 1/8th you have a chance if he's not so great of a driver, but if he can hook up, he will still beat you by a half a length or so I would imagine

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I raced a stock one a while back at the track, again I had all my same mods. It was a cold night, I was ahead until just before the 1/8th mile then he walked passed me and ran a 13.2

I figure we are pretty close performance wise, so the results should be about the same

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
really? gto's arent that impressive? i always saw them as being insanely fast, my cousin had one and that thing was fast. totally stock too. funny thing is i was lookin at those instead of a titan,,,glad i got this truck instead of a freakin car.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
They are impressive, but its harder for them to launch. They can spin the tires pretty easily even after they have already taken off, thats why it takes a good driver to handle them. Of course, if any one of us were to roll up on one and race him from a roll, we would get obliterated off the road IMO. I think I may have seen a high 12 from a stock one on dragtimes, but I don't remember

·
Registered
423 Posts
my wife's uncle had that same car...'06 GTO, 6.0, 6-speed....we went to the track one time and the best he could do was mid 14's if I remember correctly, but he is NOT a good driver and couldn't get it to launch just right...so with the right driver they're pretty quick, but trust me it's a very fine line you gotta walk with that car!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks guys, Ill make sure to take him to the 1/8th. lol. Hopefully my track experience will help and i can get it on film. Show the guys at work.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
They are impressive, but its harder for them to launch. They can spin the tires pretty easily even after they have already taken off, thats why it takes a good driver to handle them. Of course, if any one of us were to roll up on one and race him from a roll, we would get obliterated off the road IMO. I think I may have seen a high 12 from a stock one on dragtimes, but I don't remember
^ yes, there's a couple of youtube videos of some 12.9's out of them.

It takes an amazing driver as the stock tire size is 245 in the back rofl.

The first mod most people do is slap 275-295's on the back.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I beat my buddies 5.7 gto friday night at the track. His reaction time was .5 to my .05 LOL Beat him by .08

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Glad you learned it, now close this tab and go bug them!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
yeah but i bet your buddy trapped like 97-102 or something.
Yea he trapped 97 but he still got smoked by a 5200# truck

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
lol, tell your buddy he needs driver mod.
It was his first time to the track. He could out drive you I bet.:) He drives a real sports car.:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts