Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting on a spindle lift with 2.5 inch spacer and gonna run 35s do u gain any lift from a bigger tire i currently have 31s and its a 2wd does anyone have a picture of one with the same set up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
TITANS04 said:
im putting on a spindle lift with 2.5 inch spacer and gonna run 35s do u gain any lift from a bigger tire i currently have 31s and its a 2wd does anyone have a picture of one with the same set up
I think I gained an inch from my stocks to my BFGs. The BFGs I think measured at 34ish? I dunno, but I rub when turning the wheel all the way. I have 4" spindle lift with SAW coilovers adding another 2.5"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
Yes, you will gain the difference in the radius of the tires. Now unless you went to a drastically smaller than stock tire you dont have 31s. Stock is basically a 33 so you would get about an inch with a 35.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im new to all this lift kits so im trying to figure out how high the truck will be the tire thats on the truck now is a 265 70 17 wich is close to a 31 ,, so with a 4 ich spindle lift and 2.5 inch spacer i would bassicly get 7.5 iches? since the stock tire thats supposed to be on is a 33 and u put a 35 u get a inch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,067 Posts
TITANS04 said:
im new to all this lift kits so im trying to figure out how high the truck will be the tire thats on the truck now is a 265 70 17 wich is close to a 31 ,, so with a 4 ich spindle lift and 2.5 inch spacer i would bassicly get 7.5 iches? since the stock tire thats supposed to be on is a 33 and u put a 35 u get a inch?
Currently, you have 31" tires, you're upgrading to 35's. 35"-31"=4", but you're only gaining additional lift from the centerline of the tire to to where it touches the ground, so the 4" has to be divided in two: 2" of lift. If you expect to gain 6.5" of lift from suspension upgrades, and 2" of lift from the tires, the total is 8.5" of lift above your current configuration. Since most people calculate how much they're lifted based upon a stock setup though, it's still only 7.5" of lift. Saying it's 8.5" would be like me butting 28" tires on my truck, then saying well, going from 28" to 35" is 3.5" + 6" PC lift would be 9.5" of lift. That's completely incorrect because it's really only 7" based off the stock configuration.

See attached:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
here you go...I went 305/65r18 (34x12.00) because I go offroading alot and to the dunes and my 325's rubbed....cant wait for taxes so I can get some coilovers...any for sale out there 1200 bucks is steep?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
AzTitan05 said:
here you go...I went 305/65r18 (34x12.00) because I go offroading alot and to the dunes and my 325's rubbed....cant wait for taxes so I can get some coilovers...any for sale out there 1200 bucks is steep?
Too wide a tire + wrong offset/back spacing wheel = R-U-B-B-I-N-G
Solution, pinch weld mod or stock offset/back spacing wheel + narrower tire.
Thats why I run stock wheels and a narrower 35", I have tons of clearance and NO rubbing. In fact I plan on lowering my truck 1" for a lower center of gravity which will make my lift 5" less tire factor and will still have room to spare. Come to think of it I think the guys running Gregs 4" performance lift run 35" on stock wheels with no problems. And It's always a good idea to do the pinch weld mod,never hurts to have the extra clearance. my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
TITANS04 said:
im putting on a spindle lift with 2.5 inch spacer and gonna run 35s do u gain any lift from a bigger tire i currently have 31s and its a 2wd does anyone have a picture of one with the same set up
4" Spindle's + Donahoe coilovers minimum preload + 5/8" spacer = about the same lift.
Here ya go.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
nbryant855 said:
i have a new 2008 crew cab se 2wd....i was planning on puttin a leveling kit on the truck...what size tires would i be able to clear?
With the pinch weld mod, most 35x12.50s will fit on stock wheels (check the mfg. website to get the actual width of the tire, because some 12.50s are 12" wide and some are 13" wide so check to make sure the actual width isn't over 12.5"). Without the pinch weld mod, 33s or 34s (or the metric equivelents) will prob be all you'll be able to clear.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
252 Posts
I have a 2005 2wd SE crew cab, I want to put a 6.5" spindle lift on. I want to stick with the same 18" stock rim size but order some xd series rims what size of tire and rim would you all recommend.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top