Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which lift is better? the fabtech 6" lift or the procomp 6"? which is better as far as function? quality? durability? i dont want anything smaller than 6" and the CST is out of my price range so it is between these two and it woiuld be great to get some feedback to help me with my decision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would defintely stay away from the 6" Fabtech Kit I first had this kit on my truck and it gave me nothing but problems. Called Fabtech and simply would not cover there product BEWARE and SAVE for the CST kit your money wont be wasted!

:gunz:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Intersting,

I have a 6" Fabtech kit on my Titan and has not givin me any issues. I will say hell no to pro comp but as far as the CST kit I dont know much about it cause I live in GA.

There are a lot of Fabtech kits here and every one speaks highly of them. Matter of fact its so popular that some shops will only sell the Fabtech kit

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about some pictures!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I dont know about the Fab Techs so I wont bash them. The pro comp is a good quality lift IMO, its the one I have. As for any brand or kind of lift, you have to expect some squeeks and rattles since you are changing the factory ergonomics and geometry. I'm sure they are both equal in quality.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I have the PC kit and WOULD buy it again. I wouldn't have a problem buying the Fabtech kit though either. As far as quality/durability, my opinion is that FT an PC are equal.

I purchased the PC kit because I installed it myself and it's the easier of the two to install. I also like how the PC drop brackets come down square on the bottom to make it easier to install my own oil pan/diff skid plate. The FT brackets are curved and would make it a pain to make a skid to fit properly.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the CST kit, but for those (like me) on a tight budget, the PC/FT kits are fine and serve their purpose.

I'd recommend only getting the Stage 1 versions of either kits and then upgrading to aftermarket coilovers on the front and at least upgraded Bilstein shocks on the rear.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Here's the Pro-Comp,actually either kit would be fine,the only concern with the Fabtech is that the bump stops for the steering must be adjusted correctly or it will allow too much travel on your steering rack and blow out the end seals.If everything is installed correctly you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
54warrior said:
I'd recommend only getting the Stage 1 versions of either kits and then upgrading to aftermarket coilovers on the front and at least upgraded Bilstein shocks on the rear.
Ditto,go with the Stage 1 kit

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
hondadavi161 said:
how about some pictures!:cheers:
My setup is all in my signature up above.

Included a pic of the skidplate I referred to in my original post.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts