Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea instructions are not the best. Remember to switch and flip the tie rods. I couldn't find that in the manual. Also, any bushing joint that you can move with easy to medium effort by hand needs to be replaced.
What do you mean flip and switch tie rods? Got some pictures of that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Literally but P on D and D on P. They will be also turned upside down, because now they will attach to the top of the knuckle going down, instead of into the knuckle and with a nut on the top

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
They are just a bear... Two wrenches but "shock load" them to turn, meaning hit them with your hand or a hammer to get it to turn. Don't spin the arm in the rack, I think I had to use pliers to hold it he inner arm still, I don't remember

·
Registered
41 Posts
Slam your brakes from 3-5 mph. Listen for a pop. If it does, it's cam bolts.
I think it is the crappy cam bolts from rough country. It feels unsafe to drive I kept hearing a clunk noise every now and then.Did the moog cam bolts fix ur issue? Also is there some other way I could reach out to you for help? Thanks!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
And could you move the tie rod ends by hand?
Yes I could, but I didn’t tighten the joint to the knuckle very tight cause I have a cutter pen so I didn’t think it needed to be that tight. Also if you are talking about moving the tie rod ends in and out by hand, no I couldn’t it wasn’t that easy. I did swap them over p to d and d to p so I am figuring alignment is playing a big roll. Everytime I hear a clunk it pulls the steering wheel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yes that's the cam bolt. You have to put a massive amount of *** on the bolts. I mean as much as a 1/2 drive ratchet with a pipe on it can

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Also tighten tie rod end nuts. Everything should be tight. Codder pin is a fail safe

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Use a marker or paint pen and mark bolts, this way you can see if something moves. But it's the cam bolts. I can't really believe that RC had been putting those put for so long.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Use a marker or paint pen and mark bolts, this way you can see if something moves. But it's the cam bolts. I can't really believe that RC had been putting those put for so long.
Good! I am crossing fingers and hoping it is indeed cam bolts. She is super scary to drive. Steering wheel all over the place and every now and then you hear a clunk noise and the steering wheel jerks. Scary as hell, and I was only driving 20mph!!! Thanks so much man

41 - 60 of 93 Posts