Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Your bolts for sure. The new moog bolts are way better its a little operation to get them in, but use a jack and helping hand to turn wheel and it's doable

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I drove it that way at 60 haha would be nice to have a warning. I've never heard of a one sided cam bolt, and why weld cam stops to the other side of your not going to send real bolts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your bolts for sure. The new moog bolts are way better its a little operation to get them in, but use a jack and helping hand to turn wheel and it's doable
Thanks so much for making me feel better. I was thinking I screwed something up and my Titan would never ride the same again. Thanks so much. Also, does your steering wheel feel looser? If that makes any since. I’m not sure if I was just really tired or my steering wheel really is looser.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If your end joints aren't tight, even a little that would have an affect
When you say end joints. Your talking about the part of the tie rod that sets in the knuckle? If so, I put those hand tight 😂 I was assuming since it had a cotter pin it didn’t matter how tight it was. I feel so stupid now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes they need to be tight. All joints should be tight
This is a picture before I swapped the tie rods. She is all done, just need to tighten some bolts and nuts and get some better cam bolts. Thanks so much you have my respect. Hopefully I can fix all the steering issues today!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh yes it does!
That DK arm looks to have much more clearance than my stocker
Oh yes it does! It’s amazing. When I get home today I’m going to torque down those steering rod joints.I’m hoping fingers crossed it fixes some of the steering issue. I hope I can get the cam bolts at a local autozone and don’t have to order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I’m hoping you can help. I’m wide awake and took her for a test spin. When holding the wheel correctly she will stay straight, but when you try to turn it ever so slightly left or right she will turn a lot more than she should. What do you think that is? Like if you turn it slightly right or left she will pull hard in that direction. The steering wheel feels like it’s almost in a pivot when you turn kinda like a seesaw or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yes Sounds like the tie rods are not swapped. But did you put the new cams in and did you clock them according to PRG install instructions

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes Sounds like the tie rods are not swapped. But did you put the new cams in and did you clock them according to PRG install instructions
Was the steering really wacky before you got an alignment? Also, where did you get the cam bolts? Autozone!? I told them I have a 2013 Nissan Titan, but they don’t have the cam bolts. 🙁

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
moog-k80276. Still not aligned but 85%.

Don't bother until you swap cams. That unsteadiness is the lca moving. Put 165ftlbs on it for now, but it's pointless, you need to replace them

·
Registered
42 Posts
Okay man I don’t want to jump the gun. I’m taking her to the alignment shop Saturday. My steering is all screwed up really badly. So I need to get the steering hopefully somewhat better. If the alignment still doesn’t help, than I am going to put moog cam bolts. Thanks so much for all the help man, you helping me so much. I am getting kinda scared cause she isn’t turning or steering right, it’s almost dangerous to drive. The guy at rough country said to get it aligned before anything cause it is really dangerous. Still going to purchase the cam bolts incase!
moog-k80276. Still not aligned but 85%.

Don't bother until you swap cams. That unsteadiness is the lca moving. Put 165ftlbs on it for now, but it's pointless, you need to replace them

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I would say don't spend on the alignment without the bolts. It's not going to hold

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
You'll have to have it done 2x. The RC guys have no idea what you did or didn't do, know or don't know.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts