Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy my 6 inch lift from rough country! I was wondering what the best set up was?
-33s or 35s?
-What shocks?
-Should I do a long/mid travel?
-are track bars needed?
Love to hear what y'all have done and what worked and didnt!

·
Registered
284 Posts
search button works wonders. just saying, since the 6" life is the most common lift amongst Titan owners.

best of luck

Reactions: LaxDfns15

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Also it depends if you're 2wd or 4wd

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm about to buy my 6 inch lift from rough country! I was wondering what the best set up was?
-33s or 35s?
-What shocks?
-are track bars needed?
-33s will look to small. 35" will give you a balanced look and may I highly recommend BFG T/A KO2s
-Radflo extended length is what I'm running and I'm getting 11" of front travel equivalent to a mid travel. Truck rides amazing!
-Trac bars...YES! Unless your light on the throttle if not, you will break tranny mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
-33s will look to small. 35" will give you a balanced look and may I highly recommend BFG T/A KO2s

-Radflo extended length is what I'm running and I'm getting 11" of front travel equivalent to a mid travel. Truck rides amazing!

-Trac bars...YES! Unless your light on the throttle if not, you will break tranny mounts.

Definitely agree need trac bars when adding blocks. I never had any with the C-30's, first time i drive it after the 3" block was installed the driveshaft was hitting the floor on half throttle launch.

Agnostic, are they the bracket lifted radflo in extended travel?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-33s or 35s?
-What shocks?
-are track bars needed?
Do I just go with the trac bars from rough country or is there a better option? Do you have any pictures of your setup?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Do I just go with the trac bars from rough country or is there a better option? Do you have any pictures of your setup?
I was fortunate enough to get Brandon from Metalworxlv to make me a set after he shut down shop but I'm not sure if he's still making them. I went Radflo front and back and they are extended length. I also highly recommend the front UCA from PRG or Dirt King or you will get coil bucket contact from the lame stock UCA.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Definitely agree need trac bars when adding blocks. I never had any with the C-30's, first time i drive it after the 3" block was installed the driveshaft was hitting the floor on half throttle launch.

Agnostic, are they the bracket lifted radflo in extended travel?
Yup, extended length for bracket lifts from PRG.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts

Nice I definitely wish I had gone with the external res like yours. I have the same set up but internal, not as good but ride good.

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts

Here is the current set up, 35's look like 33's now, too small. Thinking I need bigger tires now.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1468435462.816990.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1468435472.269517.jpg

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get Brandon from Metalworxlv to make me a set after he shut down shop but I'm not sure if he's still making them. I went Radflo front and back and they are extended length. I also highly recommend the front UCA from PRG or Dirt King or you will get coil bucket contact from the lame stock UCA.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Good Lord that truck sits nicely

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-33s or 35s?
-What shocks?
-are track bars needed?
What all comes with the Radflo package? What more will I need?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I have the Pro Comp 6" Kit. It's been installed for 10+ years now without issue. 125k miles on truck, 110k miles on the lift kit. Other than the rust, it's been a good kit.

Shocks... I have paired that with a set of Sway-A-Way (SAW) coilovers from PRG. They are similar to the Radflo's above, they are the extended length to compensate for the 6" lift. I wouldn't recommend anything other than the Radflo or Saw's. Greg @ PRG offers two different spring rate options with the SAW's. I chose the heavier spring, and have removed my anti-sway bar. I think it is the 700# spring setup (600# on the soft setup). These have been good shocks, although they do need a rebuild right now. I have no experience with the Radlfo stuff, it looks nice though, there have been reports of some "clunk" in the shock though I believe? Not sure, as I said, don't own em, just read about them on here. Also.. reserviors... nice to have sure. Must have? Not really. I dont' know what your budget is on the project. That is one area you can save a few bucks to put towards something else you need. The rezzy's do look pretty though.

Rear Shocks.... I have the ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks, this was the second style of shock I've had since lifted. First, it was the white body Pro Comp shocks that came with lift kit. The same shocsk that come with every lift kit, other than a different sticker. They sucked. I then installed the Bilstein 5150 Series shocks. I cannot recommend those either. Continuous problems with leaking seals on them. It didnt' matter what I did. Installed shaft "up", installed shaft "down", I went through 4 shocks this way. then I changed to the ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks 3 years ago, and have not had any leaking shock issues. I pissed around with the adjusters at first, but could never really feel any difference. I would recommend them as a less expensive option than the Radflo or SAW's on the back.

Definitely recommend the traction bars. You absolutely will tear out Transmission Mounts if you don't install one. I have a set of PRG "Street" Traction bars, and they are very beefy. They've been installed for about 6 years now. No issues, they just need re-powdercoated. His come with weld on mounts, so you'd need to have access to a welder to install the front mounts. I very much like the design of his rear brackets, as they are quite beefy, and are incorporated into the U-Bolt bottom bracket.

Upper Control Arms... a lot of guys have them. I do not. It's never been a huge deal for me. I have offroaded my truck, etc., without issue. Is there some interference? Sure. Hasn't caused me any issues though, other than an occassional bang. It never happens during normal driving though.

Other items to consider... the lift kits come with blocks. You could always install some different leaf springs instead. Deaver C-30 pack from PRG seems to be a popular option.

Tires... quick summary:

Pro Comp Mud Terrain, 35x12.50-17: 18k miles
Cooper Discoverer S/T, 35x12.50-17: 20k miles
Kumho Road Venture M/T, 35x12.50-18: 18k miles
Nitto Terra Grappler, 325/65R-18: 40k miles and still rolling

Good luck with your build.

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have the Pro Comp 6" Kit. It's been installed for 10+ years now without issue. 125k miles on truck, 110k miles on the lift kit. Other than the rust, it's been a good kit.

Shocks... I have paired that with a set of Sway-A-Way (SAW) coilovers from PRG. They are similar to the Radflo's above, they are the extended length to compensate for the 6" lift. I wouldn't recommend anything other than the Radflo or Saw's. Greg @ PRG offers two different spring rate options with the SAW's. I chose the heavier spring, and have removed my anti-sway bar. I think it is the 700# spring setup (600# on the soft setup). These have been good shocks, although they do need a rebuild right now. I have no experience with the Radlfo stuff, it looks nice though, there have been reports of some "clunk" in the shock though I believe? Not sure, as I said, don't own em, just read about them on here. Also.. reserviors... nice to have sure. Must have? Not really. I dont' know what your budget is on the project. That is one area you can save a few bucks to put towards something else you need. The rezzy's do look pretty though.

Rear Shocks.... I have the ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks, this was the second style of shock I've had since lifted. First, it was the white body Pro Comp shocks that came with lift kit. The same shocsk that come with every lift kit, other than a different sticker. They sucked. I then installed the Bilstein 5150 Series shocks. I cannot recommend those either. Continuous problems with leaking seals on them. It didnt' matter what I did. Installed shaft "up", installed shaft "down", I went through 4 shocks this way. then I changed to the ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks 3 years ago, and have not had any leaking shock issues. I pissed around with the adjusters at first, but could never really feel any difference. I would recommend them as a less expensive option than the Radflo or SAW's on the back.

Definitely recommend the traction bars. You absolutely will tear out Transmission Mounts if you don't install one. I have a set of PRG "Street" Traction bars, and they are very beefy. They've been installed for about 6 years now. No issues, they just need re-powdercoated. His come with weld on mounts, so you'd need to have access to a welder to install the front mounts. I very much like the design of his rear brackets, as they are quite beefy, and are incorporated into the U-Bolt bottom bracket.

Upper Control Arms... a lot of guys have them. I do not. It's never been a huge deal for me. I have offroaded my truck, etc., without issue. Is there some interference? Sure. Hasn't caused me any issues though, other than an occassional bang. It never happens during normal driving though.

Other items to consider... the lift kits come with blocks. You could always install some different leaf springs instead. Deaver C-30 pack from PRG seems to be a popular option.

Tires... quick summary:

Pro Comp Mud Terrain, 35x12.50-17: 18k miles
Cooper Discoverer S/T, 35x12.50-17: 20k miles
Kumho Road Venture M/T, 35x12.50-18: 18k miles
Nitto Terra Grappler, 325/65R-18: 40k miles and still rolling

Good luck with your build.
being that you're in PA and i'm in OHIO is it ideal to spray the suspension with that undercarriage product i forgot what it's called to prevent rust and all the road salt during winters? i'm in the process of getting my suspension done too!

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Honestly saws aren't really an option yet unless AFE power got their sh1t together by now. They bought out saw a year ago now. Only reason I have radflos instead of saws, I had the "clunk" an had to send them back to PRG. Haven't noticed if they still clunk only drove he truck a couple times since.
I have read the clunk is only with the internal res, not external res radflo so if I could do it again I would have gone that route.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
being that you're in PA and i'm in OHIO is it ideal to spray the suspension with that undercarriage product i forgot what it's called to prevent rust and all the road salt during winters? i'm in the process of getting my suspension done too!

Are you talking about fluid film? Works good on my old K5

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Are you talking about fluid film? Works good on my old K5
maybe? i just see adds about it everywhere about having your undercarriage sprayed for protection from salts on the road during winter times here so wondering if it's a good idea to have it sprayed or not?

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Oh ok I know there are a bunch of guys on the forum using fluid film

1 - 20 of 24 Posts