Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which speaker sounded better.I have been out of the audio game for awhile now but I remember 6x9s just being loud but had no depth.I have heard some nice 6.5s but I was wondering what other poeple think.I listen to mostly metal and pink floyd,rush,sabbath u get the picture so I want clearity over volume and yes I will be adding a 5 channel amp and some subs when funds allow it.thanks for any input

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just installed 6x9 pioneer 3 way in the front and they sound terrific. With my 2 12 Rockford subs p3sd212 in pro mega sealed box

·
Registered
72 Posts
IMO go with some 6.5 components. The big ? is how much are you wanting to spend. If you put 6x9's invest in a nice set of 4way's instead of some generic's

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got 6x9's up front, 5's in the rear, and two 12's (sealed) powered by a Rockford 4ch amp. Problem is I am using my stock head unit still..... I also have 4 Infiniti tweeters. Sounds pretty good to me, it doesn't sound like the words in songs are being held back. All my speakers are Kappas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well Im on a budget and bought 6x9s for the front and 6.5s for the rear for a grand total of $220.It definatly sounds better,alot more depth but I think I am going to put replace the tweets with some after market ones when I get my 5 channel amp and sub.Im trying to do a small system for about $600.I willl see if it can be done with out using walmart junk.thanks for the opinions

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I don't like the plastic OEM 6x9 mount for high powered speakers. 6.5s in an mdf baffle w/ sound deadening in the door seems a little more solid to me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
^^ True, but I do not blast my system though. I guess I wanted something better than stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts