Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to get my differential problems resolved with Nissan and now my radiator starts leaking. Is anything sacred in this truck. My truck , even though being an 04, must qualify as an 06 with all these new parts. I have to wonder who designed all these parts for Nissan. I think some Hugo engineers found a job designing our trucks. $773.00 installed at Nissan. I am going to try and find a cheaper price some where in Houston. Maybe I will try bubble gum.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ok, here the the best price you can possibly get $189.99 call this number 1-800-420-9482 there is a warehouse here in Fresno CA. that gave me that price, its called Radiator.com, im sure you wont find a cheaper deal than that, as a matter of fact i told him to become a vendor here for all of our radiator needs (im sure we will find him handy) good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
969 Posts
so i take you have also blown a rear diff?

cause if not, that's one part that still makes your 04, an 04....

where is it leaking from? plastic cracked or the seam between the metal and plastic ends?

·
Registered
143 Posts
So, Tall Texan, how often did you flush the radiator before 72,000 miles?

Just wondering so I can put the radiator in perspective. If you did no maintenance to it, thaht is about when they leak, even on Chevys and Fords.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My radiator also went at 50,000 miles after the bottom PLASTIC cracked (and yes, it had been flushed according to the maintenance schedule). Unfortunitely, the engine in these trucks is stong, but the related components are not. I too am becoming tired of replacing under-engineered components (the rear end, the entire front brakes which I upgraded to a Big Brake kit, both exhaust manifolds, etc...). I have over 50,000 miles on my 04and planned to keep it until 100,000, but am loosing faith in Nissan very quickly....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My radiator also went at 50,000 miles after the bottom PLASTIC cracked (and yes, it had been flushed according to the maintenance schedule). Unfortunitely, the engine in these trucks is stong, but the related components are not. I too am becoming tired of replacing under-engineered components (the rear end, the entire front brakes which I upgraded to a Big Brake kit, both exhaust manifolds, etc...). I have over 50,000 miles on my 04and planned to keep it until 100,000, but am loosing faith in Nissan very quickly....
I feel the same way you do. Nissan, I believe, really cut some corners to keep the price low and the consumers are soon to be paying the price once our warranty expires. I like the truck, but !!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You should feel lucky you got 72K from the Radiator..

I would like to find a high quality replacement.

I know radiator.com is cheap, but you get what you pay for. My brother put one of thier raditors in his Dakota and went through 2 of them before he got one to last more than 6 months...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Tall--please post pics or let us know the source of the leak if you can. Isn't there a TSB out on the radiator for leaks?

white

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know if there is a TSB, but I've got you guys beat: 25K on the clock on my 05 and the dealer is replacing the leaking radiator today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
72,000 sounds great to me
now and days if you can make it close
to 100,000 miles...then you got it made

when I reach 72k
its time to grab my 2011 TITAN
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 1995 Nissan Maxima's radiator is doing fine with one flush, and new hoses, years ago, and now 147k miles on the odometer!:)

No vehicle radiator should leak around 70k miles......whether it's the domestic big 3, Asian, or European! That shouldn't be the norm!

·
Registered
365 Posts
eightballsidepocket said:
My 1995 Nissan Maxima's radiator is doing fine with one flush, and new hoses, years ago, and now 147k miles on the odometer!:)

No vehicle radiator should leak around 70k miles......whether it's the domestic big 3, Asian, or European! That shouldn't be the norm!
agreed, 136K on my Duramax with one flush because i blew the turbo so i had to take the radiator out to replace it. still going strong and not a sign of leaking. water pumps and stuff should go out multiple times before the radiator leaks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts