Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the consensus on putting the 75W140 fluid in the front diff instead of the 75W90 specified? My thinking is that the front diff is still seeing the same amount of service as the rear, regardless of the 4WD being engaged or not. Just looking for some feedback. I'm due for an oil change soon, so I wanted to knock out the front diff fluid while I was under the truck.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
BK19702 said:
What's the consensus on putting the 75W140 fluid in the front diff instead of the 75W90 specified? My thinking is that the front diff is still seeing the same amount of service as the rear, regardless of the 4WD being engaged or not. Just looking for some feedback. I'm due for an oil change soon, so I wanted to knock out the front diff fluid while I was under the truck.

Thanks
The front end on the Titan dosen't have locking or automatic hubs for that matter, the front end just turns all the time. The transfer is disenaged so it is not providing power to the front axle when in 2 wheel so it's not under a load then. I would stay within the specification but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
While it isn't the same amount of service, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Mine have been the same for 4000 miles, so far so good. :upsidedow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts