Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Already been done with 35" check out Dtek in visual mod section.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bad. I saw that before on this site, but I thought the highest one had only been 7" before. Sorry.

·
Registered
779 Posts
$2200 for virtually nothing!

quote from that site ".... Recommended tire size with lift is 315/70/17 or comparable. Shocks sold separately. Price - $2195.00"

other than cool looks what functional improvement is an 8" lift if 315mm tires are the widest tires you can switch to (which will only be 2" taller and 1.3" wider than stock 280/70/17s)?? price for new 315 tires are $800, another $800 for new 8.5" wide 17" rims.

so $3100 to $3900 will only gets you about 2" taller and 1.3" wider tires, but drastically upset rollever balance by truck being 8" taller while ground clearance will only increase by 1"...

not the most off-road performance enhancing move, unless looking cool is the goal.

note: 1" = 25.4mm

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
pluckyew, you've got a good point!!! stating it and putting the numbers out there are interesting to say the least. minimal gains for visual satisfaction, i agree not really worth it but some love it. i think i will just get the daystar lift to eliminate the front end rake and even the truck out. in the future get some bfg's for my 18' wheels. if companies like fabtech make a 3.5" coilover lift i might do that too, just so there is more clearance for the 285/65/18 bfg's. my stock tires are 265/70/18. i'll just haVE to wait and see what becomes available. i'm also going to upgrade the shocks already, probably some Bilsteins unless someone out there proves to me the Rancho shocks are better.

but i agree not to sure the 8"lift is really sensible unless you've got the duckets to blow. i know if i did i'd probably do it - eye candy... :cheers:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
shaka braddha Big H,

do i need to know backspace and offset info when ordering wheels like the one on that black lifted titan?

·
Registered
497 Posts
alooooha! you sure do, too bad nobody knows at the moment. im waiting for KATM to reply on the maker of the wheels and i could contact them. im very interisted also, too bad they dont sell bad arse titans like that down here. they would fly off the lot insainly. :eveilgrin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts