Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of set ups are there to achieve 8" of lift? ive already installed a leveling kit on my 2005 2WD, and was wondering if i installed something like a fabtech 6" lift if it can be combiled with a leveling kit to achieve 8"...? just a thought, if there are better ways to achieve 8" of lift or even the best way to go i would like to know. thanx 4 any help.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
what type of set ups are there to achieve 8" of lift? ive already installed a leveling kit on my 2005 2WD, and was wondering if i installed something like a fabtech 6" lift if it can be combiled with a leveling kit to achieve 8"...? just a thought, if there are better ways to achieve 8" of lift or even the best way to go i would like to know. thanx 4 any help.
if your 2wd you should go with the performance spindle lift instead of a bracket lift (procomp or fabtech)!!

read my post

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/87667-what-my-options-lift.html

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
Pros: Reletively inexpensive, no ugly subframe hanging down, retains the factory ride, easy to install, and easy to return to stock and you can use with a leveler

how much do you wanna spend and ill make some suggestions!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much would the spindle lift cost me and how high can i get combined with the leveling kit?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know some people get mad when others post about PRG products cause they say the site likes Greg to much but they have a CST 8" lift for 2wd titans.

PRG Products

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
they have an 8'' kit

read my post brutha!! it gives you all possible combos for the 4'' spindle lift

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
how much would the spindle lift cost me and how high can i get combined with the leveling kit?
6.5'' up front 4.5'' in rear with leveler

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well no one likes spending alot of money... but im thinking the 4" spindles with the leveler or the coilovers. for the leveler how much will i spend for the full set up and for the coilovers how much will i spend?

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
well no one likes spending alot of money... but im thinking the 4" spindles with the leveler or the coilovers. for the leveler how much will i spend for the full set up and for the coilovers how much will i spend?
cheapest route is 4'' spindles+ 2.5'' leveler

and a 4'' rear block with rear bilstein shocks

(you will also need a carrier bearing drop bracket and extended break lines)

and if you wanna go higher you can substitute the leveler for the coilovers and for the read add a 1.5'' deaver pace or replace with a 3'' block and 2.5'' deaver!

there are prices on the site!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I know you want it level, but here is mine sitting on the 8" CST.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I know some people get mad when others post about PRG products cause they say the site likes Greg to much but they have a CST 8" lift for 2wd titans.

PRG Products
well then those ignorant fools are idiots! go to any titan forum and they'll see that the #1 route to go in terms of suspension components is PRG... something called an excellent track record for those idiots that get mad. just to re-educate the masses. PRG personally tested the products you see available. R&D'd by him, honed and spec'd by him. he knows what works and what doesn't. he knows what materials and valving, etc. needs to be... failure to see that, all i can say is too bad. move on and enjoy whatever product you buy.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
its looks gud, but is the front higher anyone know how to make it level or hav pics of the 4" with the leveling kit?
to make it level you just need a bigger block or go with the deaver full race pack. You could also do a combination of deavers and a block.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
4" spindle with the leveling kit only gets you 6". I think CST makes an 8" spindle for the 2wd, that would be what I'd do. I put the 4" spindles on my wifes 2wd Titan with a 1" block in the rear and looks really good.
With the 8" spindle, you'll want the deavers, a 1" block (I think), drop carrier bracket, and shocks all the way around.
Good Luck, you're gonna spend some dough!

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
there are plenty of pics!

do a search on here or start another thread asking for pics

the 8'' kit is very costly! :coolsmile

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
CALL GREG! you won't be sorry he has lifted my truck twice and I can't say enough about the man. He is incredibly helpful and he explains what he is doing to your truck, not to mention his prices and quality of work are amazing. Thanks Greg! You will be lifting my Tundra after the Titan goes to Dodge

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so i think im going with the 4" spindles combined with the leveling kit as ive heard its the cheapest route to get 6.5". now my question is what else do i need to get a full set up

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
how do you want it to sit? perfectly level?

then get 2.5'' deaver pack and a 1'' rear block or a 1.5'' deaver and 2'' block

thats pretty level b/c the leveler still has a little bit of forward rake

i would do the first setup b/c if you add coilovers later and want to raise the rear you can just swap for a 2 or 3'' block instead of buying a whole new deaver pack

you will also need a carrier bearing drop bracket (CBDB), SS extended break lines, and new shocks for the rear. most use the bilsteins for cheap ones

if you want better rear shocks get the saw piggy backs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts