Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey. i have a 3 inch body lift on my 04 XE and its currently getting a 6 inch pro-comp stage one lift kit put on. will my lift be able to clear 37x12.50x18 without rubbing? or will i have to resort to 35x12.50.18

someone help!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
you theoretically SHOULD clear 37s with a 6" lift and a 3" bodylift, but it depends on the width and backspacing of your rims, as well as the tires you use.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have 3" body and 6" pro comp wit 37" 13.5 toyo mt.
i had some rubbing

·
Registered
647 Posts
When looking for a Titan (before I got this one last week) I saw a bunch of lifted ones with similar setups - 6" lift / 3" body lift - and a lot were on 37s. I am sure there was some slight rubbing sometimes. Shiet, I rub my 315/70/17 BFGs (6.5" lift) when turning the wheel all the way.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
i overlooked that part, but i agree. you may rub, so be prepared to do some fender trimming.
but as you said i<, a lot has to do with the backspacing of the rim... but pro'ly the pinch weld mod will help along with removing the front mud flaps out...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
look inside the front fender, you'll see a pinch weld. by cutting that up, you free up some space to help fit some bigger meats under the front fenders.

·
Registered
137 Posts
im running 37x13.5r20 with no problems(after pinch weld). i do however get a woppin 6 mpgs but having a biga$$ truck ain't cheap.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
r8rsr1 said:
im running 37x13.5r20 with no problems(after pinch weld). i do however get a woppin 6 mpgs but having a biga$$ truck ain't cheap.

6 MPG?!?!?!?! what are the specs on your truck?? i've never heard of anyone with that low of a mpg with their titan....i guess that'd be fine though if you had a 55 gallon gas tank...:bangit:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
r8rsr1 said:
6mpg? is this city driving? although that does seem on the lower-end of the mpg, stop and go can and will take up a good amount of gas.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
6mpg? is this city driving? although that does seem on the lower-end of the mpg, stop and go can and will take up a good amount of gas.
dayum! must be city driving, constant stop-n-go, and bad driving habits while towing a trailer all around town.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
about 50/50 city/freeway i can get around 8 if i stay under 2500 at cruising but i rarely do that. right now i have volant intake, tbs, exhaust. its in the shop as i write getting a stillin charger and high flow cats so we'll see how bad it gets after that.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
r8rsr1 said:
about 50/50 city/freeway i can get around 8 if i stay under 2500 at cruising but i rarely do that. right now i have volant intake, tbs, exhaust. its in the shop as i write getting a stillin charger and high flow cats so we'll see how bad it gets after that.
worth every drop :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Im sorry but I don't believe that. CBURNS has 40" with i think 22" or 20" wheels and he gets 7 and thats with a 16" lift. Not possible with 6mpg

·
Registered
848 Posts
^^ Thats horrable, I too find it hard to beleive but..... Uhuhh. I got 14 mpgs last tank I was super suprised with that but the lowest I got ever was 10 mpgs.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Im sorry but I don't believe that. CBURNS has 40" with i think 22" or 20" wheels and he gets 7 and thats with a 16" lift. Not possible with 6mpg
You revived a thread that has been dead for almost a year now just to tell a guy that you don't believe his MPG's?!

·
Registered
345 Posts
You revived a thread that has been dead for almost a year now just to tell a guy that you don't believe his MPG's?!
Hahahha i just noticed that. I just found it in the SW forum thats why. Im bored.lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
its possible to get 6 miles to the gallon, coming back from one glamis trip(towing a 27' trailer) i used a 1/4 tank of gas in about a 5 mile stretch of highway, doing 80 mph and 5500 rpms up a steep grade ::cheers:: trucks never ran the same after that one

1 - 20 of 29 Posts