Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a must with our Titans or what?> i just got a 2004 LE CC titan and im fillin it up off the chain so your input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
paulsen7158 said:
Is it a must with our Titans or what?> i just got a 2004 LE CC titan and im fillin it up off the chain so your input would be greatly appreciated!
No the Titan call for 87 octane only. Only if you're tuned for it or have the VK Pro is it required.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could have sworn it said in my manual to use 91 and nothing else.. but i could be wrong .. thanks for your input!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Read the manual again - 87 octane...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
He is correct! Early Titans stated that "premium fuel recommended". Mine did and I posted the page in the owners manual at the time.

Paulsen, just use 87 octane. That's what I use and she runs perfectly.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
krc333 said:
Per the manual I use 85, being high altitude in Denver.
Is that right? Interesting. I'd have thought premium would be needed at high altitude...lol...shows how much I pay attention since I'm closer to sea level. I know turbos lose oomph at high altitudes...moreso than a supercharger does. Cool...didn't know that.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
paulsen7158 said:
I could have sworn it said in my manual to use 91 and nothing else.. but i could be wrong .. thanks for your input!
If you have in your possession on of them early release propaganda page, it does state that the Titan/Armad/QX56 required 91 octane. Well from a marketing stand point it's hard to sell a half ton work truck requiring premium fuel. So they changed the Titan/Armada to 87 and keep the QX at 91. heck if you can afford a luxury SUV you don't care about gas price.:D

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Is that right? Interesting. I'd have thought premium would be needed at high altitude...lol...shows how much I pay attention since I'm closer to sea level. I know turbos lose oomph at high altitudes...moreso than a supercharger does. Cool...didn't know that.
Since it lacks Oxygen, allowing the lower octane, allows an easier burn to compensate. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts