Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bucket was off to the side but several cars ran through the puddle and I could smell the turpentine smell.

I didn't think too much about it until the next morning when I saw tiny dots of white on my windshield, front bumper, grill, etc.

Any suggestions on how to get this stuff off without hurting the truck's finish?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Depending on the severity and amount on your truck, you can use a rubbing compound or go as far as wet sanding. If its beyond your comfort level I would get an opinion of a reputable professional detailer or even body shop.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on the severity and amount on your truck, you can use a rubbing compound or go as far as wet sanding. If its beyond your comfort level I would get an opinion of a reputable professional detailer or even body shop.
Thanks. If I had been on one of my bikes I would be really pissed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Years ago a painters' truck was ahead of me on the expressway. A big bucket of white paint fell off right in front of me and splashed all over the front of my truck. He just drove off, I drove home. Fortunately it was latex and hosed right off, but, Man!

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a professional painter I get over spray on my truck all the time. I just use a rag with a little bit of lacquer thinner and wipe it off, or bug and tar remover works as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Years ago a painters' truck was ahead of me on the expressway. A big bucket of white paint fell off right in front of me and splashed all over the front of my truck. He just drove off, I drove home. Fortunately it was latex and hosed right off, but, Man!
Sounds like a car insurance commercial!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, after many hours of rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth I have probably removed 80 percent of the paint spots off the truck. There were even spots on the back bumper! It looks good at 10 feet but there are spots in places I can't reach without disassembly. I just do a little bit each day while on lock down. I still need to do the wheel wells.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
189 Posts
I have heard some used car dealership "Make Ready" techs claim to use WD40 on the paint to remove some items. I don't know if I would use it on a newer vehicle though, as it seems the paint is more sensitive.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you have it on glass, you can use DRY fine steel wool.
As long as it's DRY it won't hurt the glass. No moisture, completely DRY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts