Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' Titan in HOT Louisiana. Heard A click noise under the glove compartment and a/C stopped working. A little trouble shooting found that my fan still worked by jumping a new ground, but this will only work on high speed. Went through my control panel and I am pretty sure the switch works fine. It turns the blower on and off and resistance is working on my meter. looking around my blower moter I found a box mounted to it. I unplugged this and it shut the fan off, plugged it back in and the fan still works on high. I then ran the part number 25230zh00a and it came back as Hvac - Controls - Blower motor - Relay. Does anyone think this could be my problem as this seems to be where I heard the original noise?

thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
You need to replace the blower motor resister or amplifier as it may be called. You may also need to replace the blower motor itself. I've seen the resisters fail due to a bad blower motor even if the motor still runs. I can get you a part number if you need it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes please get me the part number and where can I find this resistor? I made a $31.00 mistake by purchasing a relay. Hey I tried.... next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What and where is the VBC? I will try the resistor but if the VBC is different please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in hot LA also...I'm wondering if this worked and how easy is it for me to do myself. I also have a 2006 Titan and mine stopped working on 7/7/08

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's fairly easy. Just 2 screws holding it in. Like I said above though, the main reason the resisters go bad is because the blower motor is failing. I would replace them both to be on the safe side. If you don't replace the motor too then you will blow another resister and have to get another new one. I've seen it many times.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
What did you end up changing? The blower motor and the silver box infront of it? When I took mine apart to check for a leaf or trash in the fan housing (clicking sound) I noticed a squarish silver box (3 screws) in front of the fan motor. When I took it apart it looked like a computer circuit board. Did you replace the fan motor and the silver box?
I took the glove box off when I was doing my exploratory surgery, but I think you can swap out a blower motor without taking off the glove box, just 3 bolts and a cable tie down bolt. Now the silver box (name?) you have to remove the glove box to get at.
Also did you buy the parts from Nissan or an auto parts store? Price?
Thanks, will be interested to hear back from you. Mine still works but I think it's on it's last legs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,

I was searching through the forum and I came across this one. I have a similar problem but my as continues to work. I have a hard clicking noise that comes from the further corner on the passenger side. What is it? What is the problem? Im thinking of taking it to the dealer if I cant fix it this weekend.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: AC/Heater Fan Failure, Troubleshooting, and Repair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

I have a 2005 Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab

I too had this same problem. My fan started going off by itself randomly. Over about a week the frequency increased as well as the amount of time it took for the fan to come back on (after turning it off and back on again). It would take anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes for the fan to come back on. It didn't matter if I was using AC, outside air, or heat. Finally after about a week and half of sweating my a$$ off it quit altogether.

Thanks to all the good posts about blower resistor and Variable Blower Control Module I was able to source the part at a dealer. There was only one resistor available in my area. I luckily got someone else's cancelled special order at an Infiniti dealer. Every other dealership was backordered from Nissan. The part number has once again changed (3rd time). My original module had the 5 fin silver heatsink. The newest model has a 3 fin silver heatsink. The fins are much beefier than the old one.

The new part is:

Nissan- Variable Blower Control Module 27151-ZM70A

Keep in mind that the pricing varies greatly from dealer to dealer (total b.s.) I got prices from $56-$77, and of course the only one I could find was the $77 one!

Anyhow, so far so good. Problem solved. Hopefully my blower motor isn't failing as well.

Hope this helps!

C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Guys just updating. After changing the resistor about a year ago it still works fine. Occasionally the fan will go to high speed for about a min. then kick back down to the setting it is adjusted to. I would say this happens about once a week but other than that it works fine. I can't explain the rev up, possibly the fan is still the issue but heck after a year it was worth the $65.00.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do any of you guys have a picture of the VBC? I took apart my fan over the weekend and had power getting to it when I tested it with the volt meter. I replaced the motor and the new one did not turn on either. I wired a new ground and that got the fan blowing on high only. I found this silver box and thought maybe it was the VBC, but it did not seem to make any difference when it was plugged in or unplugged. Is this the VBC? If not, any idea what it is? It was located right by the fan. Sorry for the crappy quality.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What's the difference between the VBC and the resistor? I easily located the VBC, but am unable to locate the resistor that the dealer sold to me. How much of the dash do I need to take apart in order to locate the blower motor resistor on a 2005 Titan? Thanks.

The part on the left is what I can locate on my Titan. The part on the right is what the dealer insisted I buy.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The ticking noise is usually the heater valve on the passenger side under the hood. Just put your hand on it and you will feel the vibration which generally transmits through the dash. As for you guys with the blower resistor issue, the part # is 27151-ZW00A. Hope this helps....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts