Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a loud "CLINK" when my a/c clutch engages. Whats the problem? Dealer says it's normal. BS! Anyone else hearing this?

·
Registered
257 Posts
welcome, glad to see ya joined, i hope yo get this figured out. from the question on yahoo answers that you had, i was thinking if you could possibly make a sound clip or a quick video and post it up so the members here can help diagnose the problem better.

good luck, and welcome to TT

·
Registered
222 Posts
first compressor clutch engagement after being off for a while is normally louder than the others.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Noisy A/C compressor/clutch and a fluctuating oil pressure gauge in drive...man...nice first 2 posts.

What year Titan? How many miles do you have on it? Thought about taking the service writer at the dealer over to another Titan on the lot and comparing the sound? Quick and easy way to determine if it's normal or not...assuming this is a legit problem and not someone seeding the forums with complaints.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hearing the clutch engage is normal, Nissan's are loud..................if it was low on freon you would know because your ac comp would cycle more often and your vent air would not be as cool........

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yahooligan said:
Noisy A/C compressor/clutch and a fluctuating oil pressure gauge in drive...man...nice first 2 posts.

What year Titan? How many miles do you have on it? Thought about taking the service writer at the dealer over to another Titan on the lot and comparing the sound? Quick and easy way to determine if it's normal or not...assuming this is a legit problem and not someone seeding the forums with complaints.
this question was on yahoo answers and i recommended this person to join TT to see if anyone knew an answer, mine clicks loud but it has always done it, and i had nothing to compare to so i said sign up at TT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts