Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got in my truck yesterday and put on the AC. It works, it blows perfectly. The problem is if i put it to blow on face, it will blow as defroster on windshield. If I put on feet it will blow on feet. If I put on defroster it will blow on windshield. Its just not switching to blow on face. Is that a mechanical issue or electrical? I haven't messed with or looked at anything yet. I have all the service manuals for my truck but I don't know where to start looking. Thanks

I also tried to search and didn't come up with anything. I just don't know where to start.

2006 Titan SE

I did have an account before but some reason its not retrieving my password.

·
Registered
70 Posts
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/105851-how-fix-annoying-clicking-heater-ac-actuator-under-dash-w-pics.html

Read through the above thread. The titan has several actuators that control the distribution of air on the different Modes. I had a similar problem, but mine would not switch off of defrost. I replaced the actuator above the gas pedal. It is a pain to get to a few of the screws (limited space), but possible. FYI, when I opened up the failed part, the gears inside are made out of plastic. Sure enough, one of my gears had broken.

IIRC, the part was about $35.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. I actually looked at that thread right after posting. But still wasn't sure what the thread was about...would also be about my issue. So the actuator located above the gas pedal adjust where the A/C blows...feet, face, defrost? Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts