Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live in SoCal and it gets HOT. The other day I go to install a screen and turn my truck off do what I need takes a minute maybe a minute & a half I get back in my truck and start it up and no a/c try turning it on & off , mess with temp nothing. So leave it alone drive 10 minutes to grab some food and sitting in the drive thru I try to turn it on again & it turns on blasts with Isley cold then warms to an ok temp (wish it was colder) days later same thing turn truck off gone for 1-2 minutes jump in start truck no a/c drive 500ft to bank drive thru turn truck off wait 5-10 seconds start truck a/c turns on wtf ! Help pls

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,582 Posts
have you checked how much fluid is in your system? like put some gages on it?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
thats odd. i wonder if the titan uses the same ac set up as the frontier? if so, there is a sensor in the system behind the glove box that goes bad and can make the ac turn on or off on its own, and not work randomly. i forget what that sensor is called but i had to change it on my frontier. let me google a bit and i will be back

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
its called a thermistor, or thermo time switch but use evaporator in the search with the name.

it is the same. but i see there is also an ambient air temp switch in the cabin that goggle says could also cause problems so lets see if anyone else has anything to help with this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its called a thermistor, or thermo time switch but use evaporator in the search with the name.

it is the same. but i see there is also an ambient air temp switch in the cabin that goggle says could also cause problems so lets see if anyone else has anything to help with this
Wow your awesome ! I no almost nothing about fixing vehicles I’ve just started fixing problems with my Titan I purposed September 2020. I’ve replaced my starter , fuel pump , front end , clutch fan , u joints & carrier bearing , idler and a few others but only because of YouTube & someone told me the issue I needed to fix so it’s much harder trying to figured out all the parts names & locations but it’s fun !

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have this exact same issue. AC refrigerant is fully charged. While driving down the road, blows ice cold. Sitting for 5-10 minutes, stays cold. If I sit for 20-30 minutes with truck running (in AZ its 105-115 right now for the high temp), it goes in and out of warm and cold. You can hear the compressor kicking on an off. As long as the compressor runs, all good. But if the compressor shuts off, no bueno. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the AC itself, but more of a sensor issue. My truck is headed into the dealer today to get it looked at but definitely sounds like the above thermisensor.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
If you're sitting in hot weather and losing cool air, it's very likely your condenser going away on you.

Reactions: TBPs

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you're sitting in hot weather and losing cool air, it's very likely your condenser going away on you.
As long as the compressor runs, the air is very cold. I can have the truck sit idling while I'm on a conference call or in traffic, and you can hear the compressor turning on and off. As long as it is cycling on and off like normal, it blows cold. But after about 30-40 minutes, you hear the compressor stops coming on and off like it was. Then as soon as I start driving, it cools back down again. I don't know if its a sensor or if its the condenser going bad. I have them in taking a look at it. If they don't find a bad sensor, I'm having them swap out the condenser.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as the compressor runs, the air is very cold. I can have the truck sit idling while I'm on a conference call or in traffic, and you can hear the compressor turning on and off. As long as it is cycling on and off like normal, it blows cold. But after about 30-40 minutes, you hear the compressor stops coming on and off like it was. Then as soon as I start driving, it cools back down again. I don't know if its a sensor or if its the condenser going bad. I have them in taking a look at it. If they don't find a bad sensor, I'm having them swap out the condenser.
Pls let me no I’ve ordered the sensor buseman suggested

1 - 12 of 12 Posts