Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having a little trouble with my AC in my 06 titan everytime I turn the fan all the way to high the AC shuts off. I have been reading on here and I know I have a VBC because I pulled it out and it is sitting on the desk here. I was just trying to figure out if that was the issue before I either replace it or try and fix it by replacing the transistor inside. I have a friend whos chevy truck did the same thing and he replaced the resistor and it works and I know this is what I have in place of the resistor just wanting to see if this should be the route I go. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my resistor with a cheap eBay one. My problem was I had one speed, High. The resistor did the the trick but....
Now I have your problem. It adjusts the speeds great except High. the fan blower clicks and it shuts off. I did a quick internet search and your post came up. If it's a matter of getting a more expensive resistor I'll just live with it. I'm cheep! That's why I'm driving a Titan!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem and replaced the transistor. It has worked perfectly ever since. I actually found all the information needed in searching one of these Titan forums, including where to order the correct transistor since I could not find one locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been having a little trouble with my AC in my 06 titan everytime I turn the fan all the way to high the AC shuts off. I have been reading on here and I know I have a VBC because I pulled it out and it is sitting on the desk here. I was just trying to figure out if that was the issue before I either replace it or try and fix it by replacing the transistor inside. I have a friend whos chevy truck did the same thing and he replaced the resistor and it works and I know this is what I have in place of the resistor just wanting to see if this should be the route I go. Thanks for any help you can give.
On my 2004 Armada, the air conditioning would work only on Max. Replaced the resistor pack and did not notice any difference, fan speeds 1 thru 4 would not work but it would on Max. Found that if I tried to use lower fan speed it would not work unless I pushed the air button again to turn on the compressor. Something about switching to Max air would engage the compressor but when switching back would turn it off, all I had to do was push the air button again to turn the compressor back on and then speeds 1 thru 4 would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts